Toner supply dwindling from Xerox on the x700

Biosizzle

Anyone else having this same problem? We have consistently run out, with the products on backorder, over and over again for 6 months. Currently we ordered yellow on October 21st. Still on backorder and none being released. it seems that the situation would take at most, maybe a month to step up production and meet the demand. No dice. We will sit idle for close to a week at this rate. We are on a click charge system fyi, with a lease, and there is nothing being done.

We are having a similar problem with toner for our Docucolor 250. The last two orders have been very slow to arrive. Previously, we could count on receiving toner in a day or two. Now, we are quoted eight to 10 days. I placed an order last week and it's not yet here.

What's wrong with Xerox?

This makes me think I should buy my next printer from another company.

well windward...you can always count on Canon. since here in my country, Indonesia, south east asia, xerox is going down, its not only their response for consumable, like a toner....but it is also their service response.

Order 5 rounds at a time, that's what I do, keep more on hand than you may need and order when your down to 2 or 3 rounds.

We are not allowed to order until we are down to three. We dump out our own waste containers because we can never get them. We have to have our techs order things for us. They have a national back order on yellow right now. We are out and have not been able to order more.

What a crock of shit, Xerox had their heads up their ass on this one. Keep placing service calls, and when the tech comes out he can't test it because there is no toner, maybe it will piss them off enough for them to "find" your toner.

What a crock of shit, Xerox had their heads up their ass on this one. Keep placing service calls, and when the tech comes out he can't test it because there is no toner, maybe it will piss them off enough for them to "find" your toner.

usually we get our techs to order toner as a part. not this time. this toner shortage is insane and should seriously make anyone pondering the lease of any xerox product reconsider. we are currently not operating as a result of not having toner. no product going out means no money. no money means no lease payment to xerox. funny how that works.

xerox has went so far to forcing us to order fuser and waste developer containers through the techs. how weird is that?!

xerox has went so far to forcing us to order fuser and waste developer containers through the techs. how weird is that?!

not really weird. it's unfortunate that because of some bad customers, good customers have to pay for those mistakes.

Xerox, and other vendors, are usually updating control methods for delivery of supplies. As long as there is a black market out there, vendors need to control and know where they are shipping their supplies. Some geographic areas are tighter than others.

not really weird. it's unfortunate that because of some bad customers, good customers have to pay for those mistakes.

Xerox, and other vendors, are usually updating control methods for delivery of supplies. As long as there is a black market out there, vendors need to control and know where they are shipping their supplies. Some geographic areas are tighter than others.

I don't get this one, why aren't parts automatically ordered by the machine itself? We just get deliveries and then the machine tells you when and what to change. The only exception is toner and I don't really understand why KM don't automatically order that as well to keep up a pre-agreed stock level based on past usage (toner changes are all logged through the link to KM as well).

It's worked fine so far, Xerox must have the same thing??

same on the dc252

same on the dc252

We have the same issue with our dc252. In talking with our xerox rep he said it basically boils down to managing inventory carrying cost - I asked how much it cost them in click charges when I can't print anything because I don't have yellow toner . . . only a big company could be that stupid.

Anyway, the trick is to order OFTEN and when they ask you what you have for supplies on hand, LIE. If you have three of something, tell them you have one or zero.

Ironically, they're trying to control carrying costs which causes us to hoard supplies thereby increasing inventory.

Xerox UK

Xerox UK

Our problem at the moment is not toner but engineers - it took a total breakdown to get an enginneer to come out in person. Fed up of the usual comment - change drum or such. What happened to the engineer who cleaned all the glass inside & out and all paper paths etc. Yes our Canon engineer was terrific - we had a CLC700 for 10 years and only swapped because the machne did not like thick paper let alone card. It went to a happy home!

Good ole Xerox

Good ole Xerox

Yes, this situation sucks at best with Xerox. We've been running approximately 155,000 full size sheets/clicks per month and have been running out of toner on a consistent basis. We bought the machine through Fuji, so they've been helping out finding toner for us to borrow to keep us going. Xerox has been complaining since the beginning, that we are using to much toner & drums. We're doing a lot of ad agency work with heavy coverage on full size sheets, so we use more. Fuji received a email from the higher-ups at Xerox, that it should be expected that the toner situation will not be corrected until early 2010. They say they are getting over 60,000 toner requests per week and they only had production for approximately 60,000 per month. If Xerox can't supply their existing customers with supplies, they should halt all sales on new installations.

Xerox's info they put out on the changes to ordering procedures for drums, fusers & waste containers, were that they felt customers were hoarding these and that they were actually the property of Xerox, so that by having the tech-reps involved, they would eliminate this. What a crock. According to the tech-reps most of the drums aren't lasting to what the specs say the should.

Hopefully Xerox will get their act together sometime soon.

Maybe if we go back to color clicks at US$0.12, we'll get those engineers back.

So we the user should be punished for Xerox's mistake? I have been told by one of my techs that you (Xerox) are cutting your service techs back offering buy-outs??? How will that effect my productivity? It's bad enough I only have 3 techs that can work on my 8000AP within a 3 hour drive.

So we the user should be punished for Xerox's mistake? I have been told by one of my techs that you (Xerox) are cutting your service techs back offering buy-outs??? How will that effect my productivity? It's bad enough I only have 3 techs that can work on my 8000AP within a 3 hour drive.

There is no buy-outs. No need to worry about them losing their jobs. "If" there is a place that is losing service techs it would be done by workload only. If the work is not there, they would cut techs. That is it.
About the toner situation, every company wants to do the "just in time" inventory. I personally hate it. However, how many times have you seen the new great Japanese box that is cheaper than Xerox. Not better, just cheaper.
What are ways to cut cost?
Service (Never a good idea), Cost of the machine (Not unless you use cheap parts which again is never a good idea), how about just in time inventory for supplies (we have a winner)
The real question I have to everyone in this forum is why have you not spoken with your sales rep to get more toner. They can borrow it from any other 700 customer. And then I ask you why have they not sent your request to the "US Consumables Planning Escalation contacts"? They can "pull some strings" to get your toner. I know this is a hassle, but this to shall pass and the toner amounts are getting replinshed as we speak. After all, Xerox makes a ton more money on the clicks versus the lease amounts.
Trust me, in one month this will be over. I still recommend keeping additional supplies on hand.

So we the user should be punished for Xerox's mistake?

that's not Xerox mistake. is no other vendor's mistake either.

it's simply economics, supply vs demand, competition (vendors and end users), market conditions, costs, profitability, etc.

I beg to differ with Greg. When you spend 1-2 hours everyday on the phone with Xerox, their sales people and nothing happens, you begin to wonder. So far Fuji's salespeople have been the only one's to come up with answers. Also, too if you can't get the toner and you have to keep running what are you to do. We will probably have to buy another machine in the near future and Xerox might not get it if they can't support what they already have.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back