Toning on Sheet

Happyprinter

We are running a OKI 9560 and are noticing that we are getting a light toning in the background of our sheet. We are running 100# Carolina C1S and 12 Pt Carolina C1S. Just wondering what anyone else is running. What is the heaviest paper you have run thru your unit? And also what brand cover works the best.
Thanks

It sounds like the drum is worn, if you look under a loupe you should be able to see what colour drum is worn and replace it

A cheaper alternative is, goto the Menu > System Adjust > BG Setting and try change it to -3.

That seems to reduce the charge on the drum which in turn causes less noise in the background.
You may notice your colours printing lighter, so you may have to go into the calibration menu and adjust the density of the colours.

If your printing on heavy card stock is can really wear the drums down fast.

I get that with gloss paper on my OKI machines. I have a c9800 and a c9650, and both are the same with any type of gloss.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back