TOYO Ink , Sales and Service question?

We have in-house Toyo ink. Sales and service is good and this is considered a higher end ink than competitors.

Actual TOYO Service Representatives, or are they the middle man reps, say like FUJI? Suit and ties or short sleeved attired fellows? Are they more apt to bring pizzas to your press room or more likely to crawl through your print units serching for any issues.

Please answer these questions, ThePrinter, and than we know what you really have going on there with your operations.

No doubt TOYO sheet fed Process is a premium selection product wise. Just trying to find out about the other parts of the equation.

Thank you. D

I've gone through 4 different brands of ink in the past several years and have never had an ink tech visit us or even offer to do so. I've heard they do that, but never actuallly seen it for our sheetfed operations!!!

-K

I've only worked in two printshops and never had an ink sales or techie pay a visit. The techie would show up if they were called in because of an issue. Sometimes after the techie left we'd wish they hadn't bothered showing up in the first place😡
My understanding is that once a shop does about $15 million in printing that they comsume enough ink for the ink vendor to put in an in-plant ink tech. Is that correct?

Gordo

Last edited:
I've gone through 4 different brands of ink in the past several years and have never had an ink tech visit us or even offer to do so. I've heard they do that, but never actuallly seen it for our sheetfed operations!!!

-K

I actually welled up and a tear has rolled down my cheek. Seriously.

It is a true shame Kaoticor, and the print industry is not meant to be treated this way. It doesn't matter if your having an ink problem or not. It is "D Ink Mans" responsibility. And that is the way it was when my complimentary industry of yours was profitable.

WHY?

Just look up at the SUN and at the FLINTstone that ruined it for all.

I could go on, but I will reserve myself.

Your colleague,

D Ink Man

I would agree that most of the ink companies have no real support like this. Yet, when we were with Toyo, our rep was always willing to get his hands dirty and he did service our account in that matter. Also now that I have moved on to a smaller ink company they to aswell will work with us when needed.

Proactive is just as important as being reactive.

If you were my customer; I would know every tidbit of information> settings, temperatures, consumables, dimensions, speeds, substrates, other tech givers, and so on and so forth on every press in your facility.

This does not only help you, John Doe Printer, but it helps me to capture even more business with this methodology. Sort of like a 'been dere done dat' kinda thing. You all know what I mean.

It's a shame the ink companies and particularly the bigger ones have gotten so Dod Gamn stupid in the way they want to capture business. The ever loving "$" has blinded the galoufs and now they walk a tightrope to stay in existence.

Imbecilic imbecilic, truly. D

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back