trapping for 1bit tiff images

raj9469

Hi friends!!

Thanks once again for your kind co-ordination and help.
Once again i have stuck in a problem, that i cant give trapping for 1 bit tiff images in illustrator. I would be very thankful to all of you if any solution u give me.

Regards
Rajpurohith

What equipment do you have ?

What equipment do you have ?

Hi friends!!

Thanks once again for your kind co-ordination and help.
Once again i have stuck in a problem, that i cant give trapping for 1 bit tiff images in illustrator.

Are you asking if you can somehow open a 1 bit image ( like a high resolution scan of a logo ) and then trap it to some illustrator object ? Or do you have 2 1 bit TIFF files that need to be colorized and then trapped to each other ?

My approach would be to trace the 1 bit image, then you have a normal Illustrator object (or if you have several that need to be touching and trapped - do this for each - then use you favorite method ( some create strokes that have a tint combination of the common colors - others strok and then set the stroke to overprint, others use the pathfinder tools, ect...

Hope this helps !

trapping for 1bit tiff images

Hi michaelejahn

Thanks for your suggestion, but image has very complex design and customer wants exact impression which needs a trapping. some details would be lost while tracing. One option is there in micromedia Freehand (while printing separations) but not particularly 1 bit tiff images, we can use it for the pms color used for the image. But Artwork is done in Illustrator and converting it to freehand is a messy thing.

My believe is there must be a plugin for the illustrator which gives the same.

Regards
Raj

Once again i have stuck in a problem, that i cant give trapping for 1 bit tiff images in illustrator.

Can you take the 1 bit images out of Illustrator, trap them, then bring them back into Ill.?

The reason I ask is because if you can then you could easily trap the 1 bit images in Photoshop.

gordon p

Last edited:
Trapped 1-bit images

Trapped 1-bit images

Well, you could take the neg, then do a spread using a diffusion sheet to another piece of dupe film, then DX it back in....Easy!, but then we would have to go back in time 15 years. This is one task that has not become easier with better technology. Trapping a 1 bit tiff is trouble all around. I would also suggest a trace for the area then build it back as another layer. Keep in mind the small areas you are suggesting need to be preserved are areas you could reasonably overprint if the design allows. Minimize your drama, it is only a trap. Look at the overall build of your separations and plan your time accordingly. Mask what you can and trap the rest with vectors. You could really spend hours on some jobs trapping small areas that may not really benefit.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back