Trim Box Adjustment

kristin

Hi All,

I have been looking around to find the appropriate software solution, however with no success.

I'm looking for a plugin for acrobat that will facilitate to adjustment of trim and bleed boxes within a pdf. Preferably one that could complete that task using a visual tool.

At present we receive many files supplied distilled from postcript without this information embedded.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Kristin

You can adjust the page boxes with just the Acrobat cropping tool, no plugin needed or...Pitstop Pro has a great tool for this. I preferred the one in Pitstop 7.x over the one in Pitstop 9 but they both work.

Rotarypower3: Are the plugins for both Kodak and Agfa both part of much larger prepress application?

Joe: The acrobat option is not suitable, as it is limited to setting the trim box as "distances" from the edge of the media box. I will have a look at the latest pitstop

Thankyou

Joe: The acrobat option is not suitable, as it is limited to setting the trim box as "distances" from the edge of the media box.

Hi Kristen

The Preflight fixup in newer versions of Acrobat Professional lets you edit the trimbox, either relative to other pageboxes or as an absolute value. Once created it can also be saved as a droplet so you can use it as a drag and drop fix. It works great if you have large batches of files that all need the same change.

Shawn

Just drop me a message if You want use it on a mac or a pc, I'll send You the dl link for the Agfa Docubox Manager. Its license is free. You can set the boxes free like a guide line.

HI Kristin

There are many options in PitStop for working with page boxes, probably the best one for you to try would be the one that builds the page boxes based on the crop marks in the document.

Having said that PitStop is probably overkill if all you want to do is define page boxes. You might have trouble justifying the cost if that is the only thing you want to do within a PDF file.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back