Trueflow isn't showing marks in gutter

Shawn Collins

Registered Users
I have Trueflow 3 v. 4 and use Flatworker to make Impositions. When I view the preview in Trueflow the marks I placed in the gutter aren't showing, just in the center gutter. Any suggestions?

gutters

gutters

a stupid question - i know, but did you allow for the gutters? did you cut back the bleed in the gutters to allow for the marks to show?

just asking because that was a common mistake i remember.

It sounds like one of your settings is turned off.

In your hotfolder,

Make it inactive so you can edit it.
double click "rip for recorder"
go to Finish and make sure "Print Register Marks and Accessories" is on.

Colin

I think that if you check on Flatworker there's somewhere a setting which tells whether certain marks a placed on top of other layers. I think what is happening here is that in your center gutter there is space where no other objet is (as you know objects can have larger size than their visible size) but in your gutter some other object might be placed on top of the marks.
I do recall having a similar problem which was solved by using different settings.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back