Truncated pdf in HP Z3100 preview

cainnech

I am having problems with printing out pdf file onto a Z3100 with a print size of 860 x 2100mm. These are set to print best quality and when the print preview comes up the image is truncated at about 2/3 of the way down. I have tried print as an image but the preview comes up blank. The file size is about 5.5Mb. Anybody have any suggestions please.

Ken

Hi cainnech,

I don't have a solution, but perhaps some info from similar problems that might help. When I spool print jobs off to my z3100 directly from Adobe Photoshop via ethernet, I frequently get partial or even blank previews. If I continue to print regardless of these previews, it won't work (I can't recall at the moment if I get a partial print or simply a printer error on the front panel---it's been a while since I ran a batch). One sign something is wrong is when I look at the number of pages shown in the printer queue for that job. For me for printing photos, it should be 1 page. When I get these scrambled up print previews, the number is usually 2 or 3 pages.

My guess is I am getting a communication error of some sort while the file is transmitting to the printer. I think the communication is cut-off prematurely. Some of these files are quite large. My approach has been to cancel any print jobs that have these scrambled previews, and re-send the job to the printer. It usually works the second time. I have noticed it will take longer to send the file when it works, giving some support to my theory that the scrambled attempt was cut-off early. I have not yet pestered HP for suggestions.

I don't know if this is the same problem you are experiencing with your PDF. Does this re-submit technique help? Is the number of pages shown in the print queue for these jobs correct for the PDF file you are trying to print?

Regards,

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back