TVI for hybrid screening

Alien

Hello everyone.

What "Tone Value Increase" curve can be used with hybrid screening?

We plane to use Kodak Maxtone.
Ctp - Kodak Magnus VLF Quantum.

Any help is appreciated :)

P.S. Please move this theme to "Computer to Plate"

Last edited:
What "Tone Value Increase" curve can be used with hybrid screening?
We plane to use Kodak Maxtone.
Ctp - Kodak Magnus VLF Quantum.

You use the same curve that you would use for a standard AM screen at the same lpi.
If you are going to a higher lpi then you use a dot gain compensation curve applied to the plate that provides the same tone reproduction in the presswork that you get with your current screening.

best, gordo

If we set the standard of our printing under the GRACoL2006 coated 1. There is a no. shown us -7.41 at 50% yellow color. What is that means?
That means the printed result at 50% is equal to 50% + 14%(allowed TVI) + 7.41% =71.41% or 50% - 7.41% = 57.49%. Which one is correct? Please help.

If we set the standard of our printing under the GRACoL2006 coated 1. There is a no. shown us -7.41 at 50% yellow color. What is that means?
That means the printed result at 50% is equal to 50% + 14%(allowed TVI) + 7.41% =71.41% or 50% - 7.41% = 57.49%. Which one is correct? Please help.

Where are you getting the number -7.41 from?

best, gordo

Color management

Color management

From the printed sheet and reported by QuadTech CCS system. A table is shown us the figure at 50% yellow color is -7.41%. So I need someone tell us the real % of the half tone. The -7.41% is guided us how many % screen to set a ICC profile at 50% yellow?
Therefore I wonder which concept is right, 50% + 14% (allowed TVI) + 7.41% = 71.41% or 50% + 7.41% = 57.41%.

From the printed sheet and reported by QuadTech CCS system. A table is shown us the figure at 50% yellow color is -7.41%. So I need someone tell us the real % of the half tone. The -7.41% is guided us how many % screen to set a ICC profile at 50% yellow?
Therefore I wonder which concept is right, 50% + 14% (allowed TVI) + 7.41% = 71.41% or 50% + 7.41% = 57.41%.

I'm just guessing, so I might be completely wrong - but it sounds like your system has a target dot gain and is reporting that your yellow is too low by 7.41%.

It also seems that you are somehow mixing ICC profiles with TVI. But maybe I just don't understand your problem.

I'm not sure what you are doing, but here are the solid ink density values and dot gains for GRACoL 6 type 1 paper which is what you said you were trying to do.

K: 1.70/20%
C: 1.40/16%
M: 1.50/16%
Y: 1.05/15%

best, gordo

Hi Gordo
Let say, if the GRACoL 6 is given us a standard 15% for yellow color. Our printed target is 65% instead of 50% yellow color

So, what ever we set the dot in the 50% area the final result is measured by x-rite that must be 65%. Is this logical? Thanks.

So, what ever we set the dot in the 50% area the final result is measured by x-rite that must be 65%. Is this logical? Thanks.

Yes, you ask/specify 50% in the file and you should measure 65% in the presswork.

gordo

Thanks Gordo, may I ask you another funny question.
Do you know what is "P2P" chart?
Somebody told me that the figure is shown positive (2.47%) through P2P chart which means the printing machine is no dot gain. Does he right?

Thanks Gordo, may I ask you another funny question.
Do you know what is "P2P" chart?
Somebody told me that the figure is shown positive (2.47%) through P2P chart which means the printing machine is no dot gain. Does he right?

The P2P reference chart is a set of near-neutral CMY and K values using the G7 grey balance method.
Dot gain values are not important. What is important are final tone values in the presswork - whatever the dot gain is.

best gordo

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back