U.S. oddness

Gasing up

Gasing up

(Meddington)"I hate having to punch in my zip code. And NO! I don't want a car wash! You used to be able to pump your gas and THEN pay. Those days are over. Weird though, is that I pulled into a gas station in Mackinaw City, MI and they had an attendant who pumped gas for you...like back in the 70s."

We have one suburb in Vancouver, B.C. Canada, (Coquitlam) where it is law that attendants pump gas. . . it's a bit odd but people don't bat an eye.

Cash is the way to go when visiting the US, most of the time the debit machines take the money from the wrong account even if you get the option to select. Not to mention the fee's if you happen to use the wrong ATM and not one of your Partner Banks.

Portland is one of my favorite places to visit, good food, great beer and amazing people watching.

; - )
Jackie

I just find it odd that these huge multinational companies don't appear to have harmonized how they handle financial transactions and that the folks who program things like self serve gas pumps don't consider that tourists might want to purchase some gas.

gordo

YOu find it "odd that huge multinational companies" don't care about the little guy or making things convenient? I'd expect nothing else from them! :p

I would be more concerned about people that actually LIKE clowns... I don't trust those people, there must be something seriously wrong with them.

I would be more concerned about people that actually LIKE clowns... I don't trust those people, there must be something seriously wrong with them.

...coming from the generations that were scarred by IT.
Damn you Stephen King! LOL

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back