Unifying Manufacturing Platform

I think you misunderstand what a competitive advantage is. A competitive advantage is an asset, perhaps tangible perhaps not, which provides you with a advantage over your competition and cannot easily be replicated by others. An off the shelf product that anyone can buy is ipso facto not a competitive advantage - it's just someone spamming a message board.

Actually, a progressive culture with the right tools to minimize production losses drives down manufacturing costs. As far as i know, competitive prices are a competitive advantage. While some manufacturers may try to reduce costs by cutting corners on R&D or PMs, minimizing manufacturing losses is a sustainable method of improving your margins.
While purchasing a tool may be easy to replicate by anyone who has the budget, implementing and utilizing it to drive improvements aren't quite that simple.

Though the tool's effectiveness may rely on the manufacturer's ability to harness the information that it provides, the effectiveness of Continuous Improvement efforts are extremely dependent on the accuracy of the data used to drive decisions behind those efforts.

Actually, a progressive culture with the right tools to minimize production losses drives down manufacturing costs. As far as i know, competitive prices are a competitive advantage. While some manufacturers may try to reduce costs by cutting corners on R&D or PMs, minimizing manufacturing losses is a sustainable method of improving your margins.
While purchasing a tool may be easy to replicate by anyone who has the budget, implementing and utilizing it to drive improvements aren't quite that simple.

Though the tool's effectiveness may rely on the manufacturer's ability to harness the information that it provides, the effectiveness of Continuous Improvement efforts are extremely dependent on the accuracy of the data used to drive decisions behind those efforts.

It's still a SPAM post and you're still a SPAMMER.

I think you misunderstand what a competitive advantage is. A competitive advantage is an asset, perhaps tangible perhaps not, which provides you with a advantage over your competition and cannot easily be replicated by others. An off the shelf product that anyone can buy is ipso facto not a competitive advantage - it's just someone spamming a message board.

I would argue that you can get a competitive advantage from buying off the self technology. Unfortunately, as you imply, it is not going to last because others will eventually buy it if it is useful. There is some advantage in being an early adaptor.

The type of competitive advantage you refer to, where the knowledge is not accessible due to secrecy such as with trade secrets or with patent protection, I would call a sustainable competitive advantage. It is not so easy to copy or its use by others can be barred.

We apologize. Although we do have intentions to sell our product, the reason for our post was to just illuminate the idea of a unified platform.

This is a forum about Lean Manufacturing, and this was a suggestion that plant managers and companies could use to improve their plants. It is true that our product can enable you to do this, and our intent is to sell it (like any software compnay). But our blog is just a place to share our ideas and insights into improving plants and lean manufacturing, and we're posting it on forums such as these to have discussions about them.

Mind you, there are other ways that this can be implemented. But none if you don't know that it's a problem/solution.

@ Shoplogix,

I am not the administrator of this site but your reasoning could be used by any vendor as a way to promote their products in these forums, which why it is against the rules of the forum.

I don't sell anything, and yet I'm still not permitted by this forums rules to include my URL in my signature.

Find another way.

gordo

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back