Unlinking Colours in Apogee Prepress

Emma

Hi everyone,

This is not a major issue but just wondering if anyone knows how to unlink a separation in Apogee Prepress.

As indicated with need to get the Pantone Process Black C into the Black Separation so they are recognized as a single separation (like we have done with the Pantone 281, 326 and Spot 1). As ringed, it's it some how linked to the CMYK (we did not generate the art work), does anyone know how to unlink the separations so we can dump the Process Black in the Black and have a single separation?

Thanks Emma

issue.jpg

Unsure how to actually unlink it myself, as have wondered this previously.. could you not drag that pantone process black c over to convert to process and it should then come out on the black channel...

Last edited:
nwpmikey: that worked thanks!

rotarypower3: Thanks but unfortunately I'm on a mac, when I control+click to get my right click options, I only get the options of 'help', 'add spot color' or 'map to'. No unmap option!

This comes up a number of times with us are there any other ways to unmap the colours?

here...........

The colour isn't actually mapped in the first place.. in the first post

the unmap option would only work if you first mapped it to a different colour, then wanted to unmap it...

the colour process black C comes in as a seperate colour and cannot be mapped to any other colour...

we get this quite often when working with supplied pdf files that were originally created in either Freehand and sometimes illustrator

Emma, glad to be of help, least it worked.....

You could edit the color to be 100% K and convert it to process. I see very few files with the chain link icon (can't find any at the moment). Could you send me the PDF to try in my workflow? Maybe I can figure out the proper way to unlink it. [email protected]

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back