Upgrading from Tiger to Snow Leopard

cghelton

Hey guys,
Recently upgraded our RIP software to( RipMATE 9.0 REV1)

Now in the process of upgrading our MAC to Snow Leopard from Tiger. Several questions on this. First, will I need to re-configure my printers once finished upgrading? I'm not using Appletalk now, I know I'll be losing that going to SL. No big deal....Also, would you guys recommend doing a clean install or just install over?

I have everything backed up on an external HD which is bootable in case something goes wrong. :eek:

Thanks!

Curtis

Snowleaopard was quite safe for most applications, Lion or Mountain lion means having to replace som legacy software.

I just got off the phone with Apple last week after ordering Snow Leopard so I too can upgrade from Tiger and they said to do a clean install.

I did a clean install on my laptop, and an upgrade on my desktop. Upgraded my desktop the day Snow Leopard came out, so it wasn't suggested to do a clean install. It works just fine.

Clean install on my laptop works just fine as well of course.

I have done upgrades from Tiger to SL multiple times with no problem whatsoever. I would try that first, you can always do a clean install later if necessary.

If you mean that the system upgrades went smoothly that's good to know. But what about any problems with your prepress applications after the upgrade?

Al

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back