V180 SIQA Alignment Adjustment

Is there any way to calibrate the machine for 13x19? I have a calibration chart and it works well for 11x17/12x18 but every time (and I print on it a lot) I use 13x19 the print comes out skewed by about 1/16th or more and it's not that it isn't centered, the 1/16th skew will be mirrored on the bottom from the top...what can I do?

Thank you for any feedback in advance.

go on youtube and search
its a xerox video on how to do it
Thank you for your response, however I am aware that 12x18 works fine. Its 13x19 that I can't get to finalize. After running through the siqa adjustment it says "completed with errors" and it doesn't adjust.

When you have this problem select Manual Alignment Adjustment instead of Auto Alignment Adjustment. The manual adjustment will take a bit longer to do but it will get your 13x19 sheet aligned to where you want it.

Thank you for your response, however I am aware that 12x18 works fine. Its 13x19 that I can't get to finalize. After running through the siqa adjustment it says "completed with errors" and it doesn't adjust.
Check your firmware version. I remember 13 x 19" SIQA issues were resolved at some point.

Check your firmware version. I remember 13 x 19" SIQA issues were resolved at some point.
^^ This could be the issue.

On my 280 I’ll have this error for several reasons and #4 solved a few issues that I was having with 13x19 stock because the sheets were entering the engine a bit too far to one side and the sensors were not always detecting the edge of the sheet properly.
  1. The gsm is over 350 and I try to duplex the sheet. Any stock over 350 gsm can only be simplexed so SIQA won’t work on duplexed sheets over 350 gsm
  2. I place the simplexed sheet on the glass wrong, I found that placing slit marks on the sheet helps to line up the sheet since you can’t see the black and gray squares when aligning on simplexed sheets.
  3. Engine not warmed up enough, print a few sheets and it works with no error.
  4. Trays 6 & 7 are not aligned properly and alignment marks are too far to one edge. Solution is to run “Register Paper Feeding Positions”, under maintenance. Need 11x17 sheets in trays for this to work.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back