VDP and how to Price for it?

Otis

Im trying to get a VDP program into our plant. I have already decided which program to go with but my Boss wants me to figure out how we are gonna price it. To start out we are just doing the basic variable text jobs but have no idea how we should price this service. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We price it just like any other prepress service, based on the time it takes to setup (for anything over 15 minutes). So, easy jobs where you're just placing some variable text that would take you about 5-10 minutes to setup the cost is including in the printing. Anything where we are doing complex logic or swapping out images, etc. if it take over 15 minutes we charge by our standard hourly rate.

You can try SmartVizor from uccsoft or Printshop mail from objectiflune and Printnet from GMC or PaperPath from VDPSOFT or some other VDP Software!

Im trying to get a VDP program into our plant. I have already decided which program to go with but my Boss wants me to figure out how we are gonna price it. To start out we are just doing the basic variable text jobs but have no idea how we should price this service. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back