versant 2100 & 80 long sheet option in the UK

lfelton

FYI I've just heard that Xerox has announced that the 660mm sheet "option" is now available in the UK for the 2100 and 80. I'm waiting on some info from Xerox on how to add it as it's something we need.

Would be very curious about this, not sure it would be something we would use but always great to have the capabilities.

Would be a handy feature as we get a few requests for 6pg A4. and the odd make do banner.

Think its limited on paper weight, up to about 170gsm I think?

We are still waiting for this on ours, here in the USA. Our old 7760 would print up to 47 inches, but only on bond, uncoated paper.

FYI I've just heard that Xerox has announced that the 660mm sheet "option" is now available in the UK for the 2100 and 80. I'm waiting on some info from Xerox on how to add it as it's something we need.

This could be good, as long as it's an add-on that we can buy for ours, and not something that' hard built into the unit. i know we can disconnect our finisher if we want to do it already, but its hassle.

What jobs do you guys get that want 47" ? I have had people want 27" so they can do a tri-fold but I haven't really found anyone doing longer than that other than just trying it out.

Calendars would be one, the larger size will help with those, but just in general it would just give us more options print wise.

What jobs do you guys get that want 47" ? I have had people want 27" so they can do a tri-fold but I haven't really found anyone doing longer than that other than just trying it out.

Three panel 25.5" tri-folds, are a regular occurrence in our shop. Surprisingly to me, most are under 2500 runs too. As we only have a 2-color 29" press, we farm them out to a trade printer.

Had service in yesterday for our 2100. He mentioned that it was coming to Canada, I did not even ask about it, he just brought it up. He did not have any specs, no training on it, I guess they had it installed in one shop in Ontario.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back