Versant 2100 fold and stich question

wonderings

I could have sworn I have done this before, I have a 40 page 5.5 x 8.5 book I need to print on an 11x17 70b gloss (90GSM) folded and saddle stitched. . It will not let me print this, its only 10 11x17 pages 2 sided when imposed. Should the versant be able to handle this? Having some wonky issues and trying to figure out if it is part of that or if I really cannot fold and staple.

Am I wrong on the machine being able to handle this?! I cannot find any documentation on what it can do in this regard.

It should handle it. We're doing 12 x 18's that get cut down to two 6 x 9's after it is folded and stitched through the V2100. Keep trying, gotta be something wrong with the way you've got it set up on the rip. If you can't figure it out, call Xerox svc, they'll help you

It should handle it. We're doing 12 x 18's that get cut down to two 6 x 9's after it is folded and stitched through the V2100. Keep trying, gotta be something wrong with the way you've got it set up on the rip. If you can't figure it out, call Xerox svc, they'll help you

Nothing on my end, I have done it over and over, but there is not much to it, select my paper stock which is the 70 lb coated 90 gsm 11x17. I have it imposed already, so a 10 page pdf, printing top to top, centre stitch and booklet fold. Works perfect as soon as I select my 11x17 bond, so it is some issue with the stock.

Had another issue, command workstation will not even load on the RIP, and getting strange faults on the Versant, service is coming in tomorrow morning. I did uninstall CWS and reinstall it with no luck.

No Title

Nothing on my end, I have done it over and over, but there is not much to it, select my paper stock which is the 70 lb coated 90 gsm 11x17. I have it imposed already, so a 10 page pdf, printing top to top, centre stitch and booklet fold. Works perfect as soon as I select my 11x17 bond, so it is some issue with the stock.

Had another issue, command workstation will not even load on the RIP, and getting strange faults on the Versant, service is coming in tomorrow morning. I did uninstall CWS and reinstall it with no luck.

I looked at my CED for my 1000i, and the booklet maker isn't rated for coated stocks below 106gsm. I attached a picture of that part of the CED for you to see. Maybe try bumping up the GSM in the stock library and see if that works. Also, I'm assuming the specs are the same for the booklet makers.

Attachments

• photo5339.jpg
    photo5339.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 223
try messing with the gsm. we had a problem with our where one weight didn't work right even though it should. we could make the paper heavier or lighter and it would work fine. i don't remember the weight range but it had to be a bug in the software.

I have service coming in this morning, I will ask them about it. I was messing with the GSM but was going lower thinking that maybe for some reason it thought it was to thick.

The finisher has limitations on paper weight. Lower the gsm to around 90 and it should work. It's a trick I use all the time.

The finisher has limitations on paper weight. Lower the gsm to around 90 and it should work. It's a trick I use all the time.

The GSM was at 90 and would not work, I even lowered it down to 65 GSM and it still would not work. Had service in yesterday, they had to wipe the entire RIP because Command Workstation would not load, even after being uninstalled and reinstalled. Lost all my paper profiles and colour profiles which is a real pain. Have not tried the fold and stitch on the stock again, bigger fish to fry now with a desk full of rush jobs all for digital.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back