Versant 4100 and envelope printing

wonderings

I used to have a Versant 2100. It was a great press for me and #10 envelopes ran amazingly well, both regular and offset window envelopes. Never jammed, great colour and registration. Since having the Versant 2100 my family business has merged with a larger company and none of our equipment came over. In thinking of envelopes and digital printing I am wondering how the 4100 handles envelopes, not just #10 envelopes. I have seen a video from Xerox touting how good the 4100 is with envelopes but I have learned over the years to judge marketing videos from manufacturers with a few grains of salt. So for those with the actual press, how does it handle #10 envelopes and all those other envelope sizes that are out there?

V3100 here. My team fights with the high capacity feeders a lot to get envelopes to feed and put teflon tape over the plastic grill just past the fuser to get diagonal seem envelopes to not tear, but the machine is decently productive. Xerox has a $5000 envelope feeder that goes onto tray 5 that you should get if you're doing any kind of volume.

V3100 here. My team fights with the high capacity feeders a lot to get envelopes to feed and put teflon tape over the plastic grill just past the fuser to get diagonal seem envelopes to not tear, but the machine is decently productive. Xerox has a $5000 envelope feeder that goes onto tray 5 that you should get if you're doing any kind of volume.
All envelopes or just some specific envelopes? I ran #10's flawlessly through 2 high cap trays when I had a 2100, it was a dream!

I have an issue with number 10 envelopes on the versant 2100
slight wrinkle on the flap
anyone have a solution
thanks

anyone have a solution
thanks
On my Ricoh I had to adjust the Nip pressure roller on the fuser to make the pressure less, I was able to make it better but not totally gone. The pressure rollers are concave so it messes with the flap towards the tail end when fed short end first.

anyone have a solution
thanks
envelopeCornerProtection.jpg

This fixed the wringle on the flap for us on the V2100. Needs to be cardstock. Or like someone else suggested, Teflon tape apparently works also.

anyone have a solution
thanks
When I had a Versant 2100 I actually dropped the fuser temperature for the window envelopes. I would have minor wrinkling in the window itself but nothing crazy and as these were used for mailers there were no issue with the wrinkling. These were offset envelopes as well, not digital window envelopes.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back