Versant verse Xerox 800/1000

We ended up getting Xerox to take away the 8000. The prints we were getting weren't saleable in our market and parts were getting very tricky to find.

I know what you mean about the last few years. 2014 was pretty good for us and 2015 is looking great so far. Fingers crossed!!

Hi Josh
Yes will probably end up getting Xerox to take my 5000 away. I find the print quality is fine for my market. B/cards. DL cards etc.. A lot of my customers are happy with the "glossy" look. But your right, parts are the major problem. This is the only reason I'm getting rid of it. Considering the age the click rate is not to bad. Same as my 700. Here's hoping for a good year to. ta Simon

That's a very cosy spot. Will grab a pic of ours on Monday.
We've got an issue with the gold being recognised by the Fiery but hopefully a quick fix.

Here's a shot of our C1000i in place with the Versant in the distance.

C1000i-and-Versant.jpg

Let me know how the gold works out. Would it work instead of foiling? We are interested in this in the future.

Here's a shot of a quick invite we whipped up to show a client this morning.
It's a nice metallic Gold which would replace foiling for cost conscious customers however there will still be plenty of designs that "need" foil.
Invite-with-Gold-Ink.jpg

You should say in relation to the 700. The Versant on the other hand is as good or maybe slightly better color and registration than the 800/1000. I looked at both this past summer. The gloss of the 1000 was a total turnoff to me. If the 1000 had matte toner I would use that all the time just like I do on our Versant. With matte toner on the 1000 if someone wants gloss or spot gloss with the 5th unit on the 800/1000 you could up charge it just like for over laminate making the 1000 a much more versatile machine.

DYP,
Have you CALCULATED the cost of flood coating a sheet?
$300 per M on 8.5x14 front and back!!

Attachments

• clear.png
    clear.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 177
DYP,
Have you CALCULATED the cost of flood coating a sheet?
$300 per M on 8.5x14 front and back!!

Wow, that's expensive. In New Zealand we pay NZD$250 which looks to be USD190ish for clear.
We've just found out Gold and Silver are NZD$450 so will be complaining to Xerox about that.

I can't respond to Dry Tansfer, or Film over-laminate, as we don't offer it.
I can tell you aqueous on our 4 color Sakurai or UV offline, adds no more than 5% to job cost.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back