W2P Suggestions

CSimpson

I am a manager of an in-plant and I would like to get into web to print in the future, but I have some very specific requirements.

I have a very limited number of employees and the job count increase could potentially be significant without a huge increase in actual impressions; therefore, whatever solution I get it must be automated on the print work-flow side and the billing side because staff growth would be unlikely.

It must be able to have an approval system in which I can assign department heads and then these department heads can manage their own user groups. If a user submits a job that a department will be monetary responsible for it would require the department head's approval before it reaches me.

It must be able to give pricing on the fly. It must convert the submitted job to PDF and allow the user to soft proof the job before they submit it. I also must allow the department head to see the price and the soft proof before they approve the job.

I would also like a system that provided a way for users to fill out their on company letterhead and business cards.

I would like to print most everything multi-up if possible to save on click charges, so I would need some system that could do this. I have a hot folder/XML driven imposition software system that I already own, so if it could utilize what I already have to reduce the overall cost I would be happy.

I prefer whatever system I am using to be hosted by the provider and pay a monthly subscription rather than try hosting it on my own. For two reasons, if this doesn't turn out to be successful I don't want to have a lot of money tied into it in equipment and software costs and secondly it will likely be much easier for me to make it happen this way because of the reduced initial capital outlay.

Is there anything out there that meets these requirements? If so what are they and what kind of dollar figure would I be looking at?

You have a couple of options in the market place that can help you with your request. Most of the W2P tough are devoted to Digital Printing only. That means, the files created by such solutions are not suitable to offset printing. Since you have both in house, it would be better for you to find a solution that can work with both technologies.

I work with different technologies and one of them might work for you. Please give me a call so we can discuss more details about this solution. I can be reached at (925) 785-7075 and my name is Alberto.

I hope to hear from you soon...

Thanks in advance,

Alberto

W2P can be for digital but ours is for both

W2P can be for digital but ours is for both

Normally a W2P solution is built around the idea of a digital shop. We have thought out of the box and proudly bring to the offset table our EonWorkflowâ„¢ Many of our customers are offset shops and love what they can do with it. We do have some that are digital also. Our software, sites, and services are truly the only ones out there that can cater to both digital and offset without having to lower the quality of our work or services. Please feel free to contact me anytime to discuss what is available for you!

Aaron
EonCode Software Development

New Web-to-print Thread

New Web-to-print Thread

HI everyone

I just started a new thread entitled Web-to-print Solutions SWOT ANALYSIS and it would be great if people could contribute to it!

Thanks awfully

Chris

DMP Flo Suite

DMP Flo Suite

Have you looked at DMP International's Flo server? We're the distributor here in the US and would be happy to show you Flo and see if it fits your needs. Flo is built on InDesign Server, PDF's are preflighted using Callas pdfToolbox and you can have automatic image enhancements made using Elpical Claro. All are part of the system. Other features include variable data, asset management, branding, etc.

DMP FLO Suite | Tools4Media

Adobe InDesign Server for web-to-print with DMP FLO Suite

Hello CSimpson,

Easy Card Designer offers a web to print business card software solution. This software allows your customers to create business cards from your website and they can choose from over 60,000+ image templates. This software enable you to manage business cards with our Hands-On option which enables you to set your own prices, collect payments from your customers via paypal, print yourself or with us.

Or you may decide for us to manage it for you which would be the turnkey software which you would simply cash the checks when orders are placed. Free use of this software. For further information you may visit: Business Card Software

Our business card software is customizable to any business.

If you have any questions please feel free to email me in the contact tab via the website. Have a wonderful night! Good luck!

~Brittany

Hi Pearl and welcome

W2P stands for Web to Print and normally applies to internet based applications that facilitate commerce, collaboration and/or customer service interaction between those who buy printed products and those who sell them.

Common functions of these solutions include page design, file submission, order entry, versioning/VDP, job tracking, soft proofing, online payment, online shipping and inventory management.

We have clients who use our web4print solution to customise marketing materials for their franchisees, so that the brand remains consistent but each store has personalised marketing collateral.

We also have a client who uses web4print to send out customised product catalogs based on their customers location and industry.

check out our website Web-to-Print solutions for Variable Data Printing document production

Good luck

Bar

Checkout the Ultimate Guide Online

Checkout the Ultimate Guide Online

Hi CSimpson,

As indicated in these replies there are a number of solutions that will fit your needs. InfoTrends just launched a new site that actually lets you sort through the options using the exact kind of requirements you specified. I gave this a shot real quick and narrowed your options down from 27 to 15 solutions based on a few of your requirements. You may be able to narrow this list a bit more by considering the print output format that is preferred and a few other required features. You can then view side-by-side product comparisons (with full pricing info) and dive into each product to read more about the solution/company.

I encourage you to checkout Ultimate Guide Online :: Presented by InfoTrends. You can register for free and click “Launch Guide” to start comparing solutions. To give you an idea of how your requirements map to this interface, I used the following filters to help you narrow the options:

-Hosted Solution
(“pay a monthly subscription rather than try hosting it on my own”)

-Auto PDF Conversion
(“must convert the submitted job to PDF and allow the user to soft proof the job before they submit it”)

-Approval Workflows
(“It must be able to have an approval system in which I can assign department heads and then these department heads can manage their own user groups.)”

-Financial Approval
(“a department will be monetary responsible for it would require the department head's approval before it reaches me”)

The good thing about this site is that it provides third-party reviews of all the different Web-to-print products on the market.

I hope this helps… best of luck finding the right solution for your business!

Adam

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back