Web-to-print for ad-agency's

gummi

Hello
I am trying to find out how web-to-print would be useful tool for creative ad agency's and how could the agency charge and make money from it?

I cant really see the business model working out. Can somebody help me to see the light?

Thank you:confused:

Web-to-Print for Ad Agencies

Web-to-Print for Ad Agencies

Hello! Web-to-print has very similar advantages for ad agencies that is does for print solution providers:
1) Helps you to get revenues from all printed projects - and re-prints
2) Helps you better manage the consistency of your client's brand
3) Printing is more cost effective as pre-press is paid for only once for the lifetime of a given marketing brochure/execution
4) You can post both static printed pieces (like brochures) as well as variable data and/or text pieces (data-driven) so your client's partners can execute their own personalized DM programs (and email or brochures, as well) using a simple dashboard. And you, again, get paid for every mailer!
5) Locks you in with your client! Once you help your clients set up a web-to-print solution, it makes if much harder for a client to "fire" you! As a former ad agency owner, I can firmly tell you that the clients I managed W2P solutions for were clients of mine the longest (5-7 years on average, instead of the normal 3 year industry average).
6) Lets you do more of what you like, and less of what you don't, without reducing revenues. I.e. you'll spend more time on design/creative/writing, and less time on print procurement.

Of course, you have to give up a couple things. Such as, you really have to stick more firmly in brand and use templates much more often. Also, a brand change becomes more difficult, as you have to re-post all of the materials on a given store if there is a brand migration (like a logo change, or the like). But again, it just means more money for you.

Feel free if you'd like a demonstration on W2P and how it helps agencies! I've been on the advertising and printing side, and now manage international POD for Nu Graphics in Woburn MA. I speak regularly about W2P at print buyers events, and marketing events and manage our Marketing Services Group here. Or, vist our web site listed here.

Thanks,
Jonathan Ward
Nu Graphics Etc. Inc.
[email protected]

Web-to-print for Design agencies

Web-to-print for Design agencies

Jonathan,

I think your explanation for how web-to-print can be used by design agencies is really good. We have our own web-to-print solution called Web4print. We deal largely with printers in Ireland and the UK but have started to deal more with designers. For example we have teamed up with the agency who has the contract for the British Airport Authority and all its POS signs and announcements. I was wondering if you had any more advice on how web-to-print solutions differs for Printers and Design agencies. Are there many features that that are unique to one? How do selling strategies differ?

Any help much appreciated

All the best

Barry
Web-to-Print solutions for Variable Data Printing document production

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back