What book are you currently reading?

" Night over water" by Ken Follett. You learn about the the first passenger service by the Pan American Clipperairways between the USA and Europe that started in 1939.

I just finished "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern. It's a very magical novel about Le Cirque des Reves and I hated it to end.

I'll probably go back to my old favorite Philipa Gregory, her newest book The Kingmaker's Daughter. I've read all her stuff and they're (or should I say their) great in-betweeners.

Also, got an iPad recently and after swearing I'd never read an e-book, I've already read over four books on my Pad and am loving it.

You should say they're !

You should say they're !

They're would be the correct choice because it is the contraction of "they + are", which is your meaning in this case. Their is the possessive case, which is not your intent here. I think you already knew this, or you would not have bothered to ask.

Thank you for caring.

Al

Last edited:
Yes, I know, I was being facetious. I'm also extremely picky about spelling, grammer and a love of mine is proofreading. I wish I could get a job doing just that. It kind of sucks at Mexican Restaurants, though, when looking at some menus...

Well, I don't think most Mexican restaurants have their menus written by persons claiming to have attended college.

Al

Baltimore Blues, Laura Lippman.
Lots of question about Baltimore!
Is it really this dull like the author describes?
Reminds me of my Perth in Western Australia

I periodically re-read David Simon's Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets–"dull" isn't an adjective I'd choose, although Simon's portrait of Baltimore is less than complimentary in its own way...

I read Victor Hugo "The Man Who Laughs". Not everyone likes it, but i think everyone should read it.
It makes you think about some stuff, no matter weather you like it or not. It changes something in you, in a way it makes you wiser.
I recommend.

________

I'm reading "Spies Against Armageddon: Inside Israel's Secret Wars"...and wait for it... on a Kindle. That's the only way I, as quick-print employee can afford it. :p

Thanks for catching that.

I am male and not a native english speaker, and my proof reader is the built-in spell checker in my Safari browser. According to it, ether is correct. What I was learned ;-) is to care enough to go back and edit the words that are flagged.

Al

Last edited:
The Bear and the Dragon by Clancy . .. IMHO you can't take a Clancy book and accurately make it into a movie . . he is just too detailed which I love!!

I just finished 'Wool Omibus Edition', a self-published sci-fi series by Hugh Howey. A very good fictional read because it starts the reader thinking 'what if?'.

"Winter of the World", the second book of the 20th Century series by Ken Follet. About 900 pages and a really good read!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back