What is wrong with Roland R300?

We have a manroland R300 6 color with coater and extended delivery including CPL. It has the serila number 26415B and we selling it. Press is in good condition and all issues the printer had has been resolved.
If you interested in it let me know. Peter [email protected]

With regards to the electrical concerns with the R300.... The only part of the press that is of concern is the CPL system for hanging plates. The press you reference has the Weko control system for CPL. Otherwise the press runs exactly the same electrical package as the R700. The R300 runs the Toshiba fiber optic system as well which is very reliable.

The problem with the Weko CPL system is that it needs good clean power. The newer series presses use the Merkotec system which is better able to handle noisy power. The best way to not worry about any of this is to put a power conditioner on the front end of the press. This is a tried and proven technology.

Man Roland and service

Man Roland and service

I was the senior electrical technician for
Miehle Co. N/E, Now MAN Roland. Around (1994)

I left the company around the time the 700s
And 300s came into this country.

The press is and always, will be a nightmare.
Mainly in the electrical area.

One of the main problems is
the press, like Heidelberg has too much
Preparatory equipment.
Things that only the company can handle.

So if you use independents, forget it!

Software is also a big problem.

And don’t forget if you do get into
Trouble, Roland is willing to help you over
the phone for a nice big fee.

Wow Freddy you really through manroland under the bus even though you know not what you speak of. I understand you have an axe to grind and have zero experience on digital presses.

So let's back up the bus. The electrical nightmare that you speak of is non existant. The use of power conditioners prevents failures as a result of outside influence.
The software nightmare is non existant. Very rarely after the presses are installed is a software update required. It is not manroland's fault if you are not technically capable of understanding how it works.

The big fee you refer to is a whopping $750 per year for unlimitied phone support 24/7/365.
This actually provides a great service to customers and saves them money by not having to send a technician everytime there is an issue. Let's study this in more detail. Back in your day when a press went down the customer would call for support, wait until you got there, troubleshoot the problem, order parts, wait for the parts and then put them in.
Today, customer has a problem, calls manroland, gets top level support and if parts are needed, parts are sent along with a technician if one is needed to install the parts. It's all about uptime!!

GO Heidelberg!

GO Heidelberg!

You GOT To be a Roland Salesmen!
Any potential Roland Customer had
Better do his home work.
AND,
You know nothing about me.

Last edited:
I am not a manroland salesman. I do know about you. Good analog tech. How are you doing after getting shocked on that Heidi press?

Rolands. Never talk to the shops that like them.

Rolands. Never talk to the shops that like them.

As I said.

I have been in the industry 35+ years.

I am entitled to my opinions. And

I will not volley back and forth with you.

My time is too important.

MAN Roland machines and service
Speak for them self.

Never talk to the shops that like them,
Talk to the shops that don’t like them


As I said.

I have been in the industry 35+ years.

I am entitled to my opinions. And

I will not volley back and forth with you.

My time is too important.

MAN Roland machines and service
Speak for them self.

Never talk to the shops that like them,
Talk to the shops that don’t like them



Well that could be said about any machine, car, TV or anything else for that matter.

i have run roland 700 300 and favorits, and yes ill be honest with the 700 and 300 their were electrical glitches when installed (installed secondhand) but i have seen little evidence of these Awful electrics that you and to be fair alot of other people talk of.

but anyway, i wanna hear more about that shock you got on the heidi;)

fred

fred

now boys! play nice!!

the 300 and 700 are 2 completely diff machines.

there's plenty of independents that work on and fix roland presses, so sounds more like an ability issue.

I've been in the industry for many years as well and know plenty of horror stories about all the manufacturers and could come on here and tear them all apart, but for what?

I think someone said it right before, Fred............. axe to grind?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back