what percent of jobs quoted do you get

old guy

I am at a wholesale printshop in the southwest US. over the last 6 months we have been using a new quoting program that gives us a bunch of feedback we never had access to before. I am curious what others think is a good percentage of bids won in todays market. Again we are wholesale only.

I usually get 75% or higher, but, then, I only bid on things that are a good fit for our product mix, and, that, due to our equipment, have a reasonably good expectation that our price will come in below average. I stopped responding to open or online RFP's years ago, and, yet, we still seem to be growing and prospering.

Don't forget, other than pricing, there are many other reasons why you may not win a bid:
(1) The project never came to fruition
(2) They already had a vendor in mind, and, were just putting out bids to comply with corporate protocol
(3) They are unethically using you to get their preferred vendor to drop their price.

Wow. I was really hoping to get more out of this question. We are getting 35% of our quotes but we do quote RFP's. We also are growing and prospering.

One less often considered but important factor affecting conversion success rates is actually following-up on the initial quote. Our Accura MIS users have access to a quote follow-up "dashboard" which filters and facilitates this process based on the quote's set follow-up date/user. Separate follow-up reports can also be produced to sub total by value of quotes, client, rep etc.

Additionally once a rejected quote is recorded after the follow-up, the reason for the loss should be recorded and then outcome reports can be run for potential trend analysis etc.

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back