whats a good digital printing machine to buy

alfmodon

Looking to buy my first machine. been a broker for years and looking to buy a machine for short runs. need a small machine that does not take up space. need a machine that can print cards, flyers ect

Xerox Colorcube. It's comes highly recommended as a beginner printer.
a solid ink printer??this is the worst printer all time. not even good for office use. you can rub ink off easily on 20lb paper, op wants do flyer and cards. and you can't really buy one, since xerox already stopped making them

Maybe the best thing to do would be to get a fairly good estimate of how many pieces you plan to run per month, note the heaviest stock you plan to run, and whether you do pieces that have to stand up somewhat to weather such as postcards. Contact as many companies as you can for recommendations and bids. Try out machines with some of your own files if possible.

Maybe the best thing to do would be to get a fairly good estimate of how many pieces you plan to run per month, note the heaviest stock you plan to run, and whether you do pieces that have to stand up somewhat to weather such as postcards. Contact as many companies as you can for recommendations and bids. Try out machines with some of your own files if possible.

what your thoughts on xante enpress and RICOH Pro C5200s / C5210s ?

Looking to buy my first machine. been a broker for years and looking to buy a machine for short runs. need a small machine that does not take up space. need a machine that can print cards, flyers ect
Consider a Riso. They come in various flavors and can be cheap to own. They mostly use oil-based inks and don' have the resolution of aqueous inks, but can do a good job. Worth checking out.

I've heard the exact opposite for the C1060. A guy I talked to that runs about 30,000 clicks per month has a tech in his store one per week at minimum, almost daily.

In that price range there a lot of great choices, but they do come down to how much volume you plan on running, what types of media, and if you want any inline finishing. I've worked for Oce and Canon, I now work for Konica Minolta and all I do is work with commercial printers. All of manufacturers these days (Canon, Xerox, and KM) have good products and can do most of same type of work. It all comes down to your local service office. A good general solution would include an offline cutter/creaser finisher like a duplo, and then your print engine with minimal finishing. You can also get deals this time of year on showroom equipment which is a great option as well, lightly used and always serviced correctly. Of course, I have to recommend a KM for you...I would look at the AcurrioPress 3080 and a duplo Dc-616. You should be able to get both and stay within your budget.

, but they do come down to how much volume you plan on running, what types of media, and if you want any inline finishing. I've worked for Oce a
In that price range there a lot of great choices, but they do come down to how much volume you plan on running, what types of media, and if you want any inline finishing. I've worked for Oce and Canon, I now work for Konica Minolta and all I do is work with commercial printers. All of manufacturers these days (Canon, Xerox, and KM) have good products and can do most of same type of work. It all comes down to your local service office. A good general solution would include an offline cutter/creaser finisher like a duplo, and then your print engine with minimal finishing. You can also get deals this time of year on showroom equipment which is a great option as well, lightly used and always serviced correctly. Of course, I have to recommend a KM for you...I would look at the AcurrioPress 3080 and a duplo Dc-616. You should be able to get both and stay within your budget.
thanks can you send me your contact info

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back