when is the lastest version going to ship

I got the answer. not official but answer. they are shipping ppm4.5 but only a few at a time so that the help desk does not get overwelmed.

I finally got 4.5 (early install). There are some nice new features in the GUI of Cockpit.

If you are upgrading from 4.0 and are not experienced with Prinect you should definately wait for the service release of 4.5, because there are a some quirks during the upgrade.

The service release seems to be targeted at mid-end july.

yes they did install 4.5 for me as it was a clean install on a new server. I have not had time to play with it yet, but it does look like a jump from the signa and meta we were using.

rbailleu are using you the P or L configuration? Please keep this thread alive and let us know any niceties or issues you come across.

I attached the What's new PDFs that I have received recently (I assume most of changes between 4>4.5 etc are bug fixes).

Attachments

• C_Whats New Meta 7.pdf
    923.5 KB · Views: 1,224
  • C_Whats New PDF Toolbox.pdf
    865.8 KB · Views: 974
  • C_Whats New PPM v4.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 757
  • C_Whats New Shooter 4.pdf
    860.1 KB · Views: 952
  • C_Whats New Signa 4.pdf
    968.9 KB · Views: 650
rbailleu, do you have the same "What's new" PDF's but for 4.5 and 7.5?
If you do, can you please post or send them to me.

Thanks

it its ppm/ printready p. the install of the new to us prosetter has been pushed back one more week. so the trainer will be in one week later. then we will get to the real guts of the thing. the funny thing is I look up the proofer list on the on disk manuals and its for 4.0 from last year.

Rob,

The printer list should be with Meta and ColorProof Pro. I can not check on this on Friday night but Meta 7.5 with ColorProof Pro 3.1 will support the Espon 7900 and 9900, Canon 6200/6000 and 810/820. You also have different screening options on most of the more popular printers.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark

thanks mark, I appreciate that. I just wish that the latest disk would have had the latest files. or that heidelberg would put the latest updates online. I cant understand why they would not have this info on the website. just me. I want all info at my finger tips.

I would guess that the final documentation will be available when the "official" service release of 4.5 is published, i.e. late june or july. So far I have found a lot of little improvements in Cockpit, but no major changes. It makes working easier and a bit faster, so far I am pleased with 4.5.

There still is a lot of room for improvement, though :D

The Heidelberg public FTP also seems to have disappeared. I tended to get updates and PDFs related to products from it.

:/

I have noticed this too.

Maybe Mark from Heidelberg can inform us why this has happened.

It was handy to check what the latest versions/patches were.

what I get from my service tech is that heidelberg germany is starting to ascert its authority over all things tech. they took away the US tech guys ftp site. they have not got everything they need now on the german version. so someone has to upload things they need as they go. like drivers for old equipment. appearantly less is more. more what I don't know. anyway they are standardizing everything

Heidelberg Service Guys are right. Our U.S. FTP Site is now gone for good. The things we all looked for will be available on our web site - but it will take some time to transition everything. But on a better note.....Prinect 2009 - all of the software updates are here. A few weeks of internal testing, and you guys can start asking for your upgrades.

toronar said
Just FYI: Prinect 4.7 and MetaDimension 7.7 are scheduled for release this fall/winter

that means it should be out next july.

toronar said
Just FYI: Prinect 4.7 and MetaDimension 7.7 are scheduled for release this fall/winter

that means it should be out next july.

Actually it means that they found so many bugs that they can't jump to 5.0/8.0 directly ;)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back