Which digital machine would you recommend?

MattOz

We are a small publishing company and also do some digital printing for our clients - small run flyers, business cards, photo books and brochures.

Currently we use a Phaser 7750 machine, which is now getting a bit old.

We have the opportunity to either purchase its replacement (Xerox Phaser 7760) at a very good price with low print count (17,000) or a new Oki C9850 machine (brand new) and also at a very good price.

From what I gather the pros and cons are as follows -

Xerox 7760
Pros: Good quality print and excellent color, reliable, consumables are cheaper than Oki
Cons: Doesn't print SRA3 from the main trays, only from the manual tray. Only takes 256gsm stock, although we print 300gsm on the 7750 with no trouble. I've heard it skews stock from the manual tray like the 7750, which can be very annoying.

Oki C9850
Pros: Decent print, prints SRA3 from all trays, takes 300gsm stock and heavy media.
Cons: I believe the print quality isn't as good as the Phaser as it is a LED printer. Colour maybe not as good as the Phaser, although it does come with EFI software as standard.

Looking for any advice or feedback of use of these machines. Our print quantities are not very high, we just need the best print quality and media handling.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back