Why?

gordo

Why do (apparently most) people hold their iDevices to record video vertically? I doubt they've ever seen a theatrical movie shown on a vertical screen.

best, gordo

Why do (apparently most) people hold their iDevices to record video vertically? I doubt they've ever seen a theatrical movie shown on a vertical screen.

best, gordo

have you ever recorded on an ipod touch? if you record sideways, then your video shows up the wrong direction when imported to computer. the android, however, records either way and displays correctly.

have you ever recorded on an ipod touch? if you record sideways, then your video shows up the wrong direction when imported to computer. the android, however, records either way and displays correctly.

Yes, I've recorded using my ipod touch. If I hold it in landscape mode it records correctly. Haven't tried using it vertically.

Gordo

Yes, I've recorded using my ipod touch. If I hold it in landscape mode it records correctly. Haven't tried using it vertically.

Gordo

ok, that's even weirder. i have to hold my vertical in order to record correctly because after importing the video to computer you'd need some software to flip the video.

ok, that's even weirder. i have to hold my vertical in order to record correctly because after importing the video to computer you'd need some software to flip the video.

I think my iPod Touch is 3rd generation running iOS 6.1
If I hold it horizontally I get a horizontal movie.
If I hold it vertically I get a vertical movie.
Plays back the same on the iPod as on the computer. Perhaps older iOS versions didin't work that way?

gordo

best, gordo

May be because it is comparatively easier to hold a phone in vertical position. Because it is also the standard position you use your phone in.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back