Winning a fight wit xerox - advice needed

smatros

After 2 years of struggle and tremendous loss with the x700 i've had it. I shutdown the machine and continue part of work on KM. Since the X700 should work for another year to be paid off, as well the faults have never been resolved completely I requested Xerox to resolve all open issues in full, which they failed. So i contested the invoice. Now they refuse any further servicing. The country GM a while ago said i can fight them, but they would stall for years untill i go bankrupt. Since I am in obvious dead end any advice would be appreciTed.

The faults that arenot resolved, even when servicing changed part of machine:
- light production finisher is leaving rubber stripes on full coverage prints
- when pritnting on coated papers fuaer is changing color/ leaving a stripe on 1/3 rd of srA3 paper (we only use xerox paper, since anything else is not acceptable as print quality)
- putting 4 same images up on 1 sheet we get minimum of 2 differently colored images with significant color difference, sometimes even 4 (left / right, sometimes also up/down)
- constant jams in ohcf
- jams in finisher when printing smaller sizes

In terms of X people / attitude

- charged us also for service clicks made on our paper
- in last year didn't recognize any waste clicks
- supply time took up to 4 weeks, service response up to 8 days
- refuse any invoice contests even when prooved wrong

Etc...

Not a good recommendation for Xerox. If it was a car you would take it back or it would be re-called. Dont know the fine details of your case but it seems that Xerox have a responsibility to fix the situation. Xerox's name seems to come up a lot in cases like this..
Good luck - I hope you are able to get some satisfaction.

All I can say is document, document, document, take lots of notes(dated) track lost income, lost time and most of all write down when it happens . . .!!!! I have been in two fights with HP/Indigo over this stuff both when then installed new machines,( I won them both without a lawyer - but thats all I can say) if they keep giving you answers that don't make sense keep moving up the ladder till you get to a person who knows that 1upset customer isn't worth the bad press. Let them know you will be detailing it here on PrintPlanet along with other industry forums. Start a blog. Start spreading the word through the internet just like standing out in front of a car dealer with your car painted lemon yellow.

Keep us posted as to your progress.

BTW I really don't like Xerox

Last edited:
Sound advice,
Not knowing for sure if you are in the USA or not but other avenues if you are is to go to your states Attorney Generals web site. You can file a fraud complaint there and usually on line. I can assure you that you will receive a response from Xerox.

Another tactic that I've seen work nicely in the past is a very well written letter to the CEO of Xerox. Name and address is on the web site. Stick to the facts, leave the emotion out. There is an office (or used to be) that reported directly to the CEO to handle complaints that were addressed to senior executives. Be certain to include the names of all the Xerox people you talked to with.

Be firm, Be patient and above all be professional and you'll likely prevail, Best of luck

1) If US, your State Attorney general's office fraud claim as previous post mentioned
2) Direct complaint to PR officer for the president of Xerox - your local people will jump like frogs, at least ours did
3) Make sure you have some documentation, because if 1 and 2 don't work, you will need a lawyer

I always recommend talking to your sales rep. They are the best people to get this type of thing working. Recommend some sort of Like-for-Like swap for a different 700. Maybe you got a Lemon? Have you tried engaging the 2nd Level analysts for phone support? Some of them are very decent. Also Full Coverage prints? The X700 doesnt do edge-to-edge prints....

How often are you calibrating? Do you have a proper X1 calibration tool? Do you do regular gradation checks? Are you restoring the Fiery Calibration before EVERY ColorCal?

Check the CED for minimum size requirements and maximum weights, some people are surprised to find their X700 cant print a 4x3 job without jamming.......

I always recommend talking to your sales rep. They are the best people to get this type of thing working...

Trust a guy who is about to lose revenue? Right. We tried that and got absolutely no response. Beside that, if the sales person cared or was in tune with his client, this poor guy would not be in the predicament he has reached. Go up the chain of command as high as you can get a response.

That depends on the sales rep . . . there are used car salesmen and then there are men of integrity, my first Indigo salesman is still my friend backed me up with Indigo and has had three different sales position in the digital press industry so it really depends on who your sales rep is . . .

my 2 cents

quote the Xerox Total Satisfaction Guarantee....it basically states if a machine is not to total satisfaction they will replace it. We won a case simply by being persistent with a DC250 that was terrible quality.

How great are the colours differences though?

Band down prints...if at a set gap constantly then you need a better engineer....any engineer truely dedicated to his job WILL fix most issues easily

Did you finance it?

Ahhh the joys or working with Xerox. Possibly the worst organisation in the world?

In our experience, if you have a problem with Xerox, you can try talking to your rep, you can try writing to them, you can even have your legal guys contact their legal guys - in the end you may as well go hump yourself in a darkened room because it will get you nowhere.

Instead you will be hounded, threatened and harassed from India for payment should you owe them so much as a dime.

It will be a long time before we work with Xerox again - life's too short.

There seem to be an awful lot of these XEROX horror stories. That was the deciding fact for me going KM instead of Xerox. I have always felt them to be a VERY GREASY lot.

I feel for you brother and I wish I had good advice other than F**K Xerox. I realize this doesn't help matters one little bit.

I wish you the best of luck

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back