Worst 6 weeks EVER

OutSourceD

Hi we're experiencing the worst spat of business in years. Just as December began, business fell off a precipice and has not seemed to bounce back. How is business in your neck of the woods?

Opposite here. I spend my days listening to Sales/CSR's explain to me how their job should be ahead of every other job. They actually stand in line at my desk to argue the importance of their job. Usually slow through the Holidays, not this year.

we have been real good since the week after the elections. but I hear others around hear had good decembers and it falling off in january.

we have a company in town that builds trailers for walmart and quad graphics too. but As I drove past this morning on the way to church, I noticed that the lot is full of walmart trailers. this company is a indication to me when that start hiring the economy usually starts heating up. they are up from office staff only 1 year ago to 150 working in the factory. and still hiring.

we have been real good since the week after the elections. but I hear others around hear had good decembers and it falling off in january.

So you tell me things are good, but you tell someone else in a different thread you've gone a year without a paycheck. Which is it, Bunkie?

BTW, our business came roaring back, in January, thank goodness.

are you stalking me? :)

that was last year I went with out a paycheck from approximately october 2009 to about april 2010. 2009 was kind of a bad year. 2010 not so bad. december 2010 pretty good, january 2011 okay but not great and just today the trailer company ordered another 2000 job applications. of course that could be because everyones unemployment benefits just ran out that they now have to look for a job. on a side note the last three days have been kind of slow around here. I did get paid friday though.

my appologies for any misrepresenation on the state my person economy. I still think the economy needs a lot of improvement, but business does look to be getting better. I have had more people interested in mailings than i have had in 3 years. what does that mean? all i have is a feeling and theory.

No, I am not stalking you. Eww. :-D

Anyway, I lost around 10 G's in December. Then January started out with a whimper as well, so I was starting to think my days were numbered. As it turned out January was a blockbuster. Made up for December and then some.

This economy is unpredictable, unbelieveable, and unfathomable.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back