X-Rite i1Profiler - Black generation (GCR) problem

Magnus

Hi,

I'm making a CMYK icc-profile for our HP Indigo Press with X-rite i1Profiler (v 3.3.0) and i1Pro2 (IO-table). For production reasons (metamerism etc) I would like maximum GCR and black start at 0. But although I put all sliders to the max the final ICC-profile generates a lot of CMY in near neutral tones and very little black (relative col + bpc). Instead of the expected most black and just a little of CMY.

Here is a link to the icc-profile.

This is my Profile Settings in i1Profiler:

Skärmavbild 2020-09-09 kl. 20.10.08.png

If I open the resulting profile in ColorThink Pro and look at the neutral rendering I can clearly see that there's a lot of CMY in the highlights:

Skärmavbild 2020-09-09 kl. 17.16.42.png

But 'm expecting something more like this (from another profile with a lot of GCR, made in another software):

Skärmavbild 2020-09-09 kl. 20.26.18.png

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong? Could it be the measurement data that is causing this issue some how? Any advice would be appreciated!

Last edited:
A colleague of mine was helpful and generated three ICC-profiles from the following profiling softwares:

1. Profile Maker 5
2. Prinect Color Toolbox
3. Binuscan Profiler

Skärmavbild 2020-09-10 kl. 11.49.56.png

It seems like the problem (or anomaly) is indeed i1Profiler...

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back