Xante EnPress Feeding troubles

spcink

Good morning.

We just picked up a Xante EnPress slightly used for a very reasonable press.

With that said, I got it up and running, and everything seemed to be working ok until yesterday, The feed roller for the envelopes doesn't move up and down. I cannot figure out why. I've tried to talk to Xante to no avail current;y. I'm waiting on a tech to get back to me.

Anyone else have an issue like this?

Thanks
Steve

've had the Xante Enpress since August 2019. If I would do it all over again - I would purchase the Intec Envelope Press. Their feeder makes sense and I've heard that another printer recently switched from the Xante Enpress to the Intec and has already run over 100k of envelopes thru it. The Enpress Enterprise feeder has been a struggle for me -you seem to have to have a perfectly flat envelope to run through it. Also the envelopes can hit the edge of the Xante metal ruler bar and cause a pile up. I've replaced many sensors, adjusted belt speeds, raised/lowered the feed wheel. Also, tried the new magnetic feed wheel attachment that came out from Xante recently. Just a few days ago, via Facebook chat message from Xante, they said it has already been discontinued (but they shipped me one anyways after giving them my credit card over the phone). I had a tech come out here last week and installed it. They shipped the magnetic wheel with two electronic boards. However, the instructions only showed one board (which stumped the tech installing it) - but you needed to install both boards. We ended up installing both boards per direction from Xante Tech Support. Turns out, the motor on the new magnetic wheel does not turn when plugged in and the belts do not advance on the feeder. So I ended up taking the exit rollers off my offset envelope exit conveyor and attached it to the Xante Enpress feeder with a large metal clip. That seems to help.

Attachments

• IMG_9991-(1).jpg
    IMG_9991-(1).jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 557
  • IMG_9998.jpg
    IMG_9998.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 590
Sorry for the delay in my response.

After contacting Xante, they wanted me to buy a new bypass door for the low, low rate of $1700. Imagine my surprise and the choice words that came out of my mouth after that revelation.

After my heart rate returned to normal, I talked to my tech that we have for our Ricohs. He was gracious enough to find the service and parts manual for me, and even guided me along to find the broken part in the door. It wasn't easy and a one way bearing fell apart on me, but I found the broken part and was able to fix it for significantly less then $1700.

After that repair, I found my envelopes bunching up. So I grabbed a wrench and whatever patience that I had and adjusted the height of the feeder. Took a little bit of time, but it's much better then it was. I also use the exit tray roller with a giant clip to assist. Lastly, I did have to adjust the motor speed. Not perfect, but it's about where our Impressia was.

My only other issue with the machine is running A size envelopes. It's pretty painfully slow to be honest. Even with my knowledge of the service mode, I haven't found a work around. Xante wants me to buy their special fuser for $535. A little steep when I'm getting regular fusers priced at $210. I'm trying to find out what Xante does to modify the fusers.

Xante wants me to buy their special fuser for $535. A little steep when I'm getting regular fusers priced at $210. I'm trying to find out what Xante does to modify the fusers.
The special fuser is a waste and ONLY works with A6 and A7 size. Any other size is equally slow to the regular fuser.

That's why I'm reluctant to buy it. If I can figure out what they do, I'd try it myself.
I think it has something with the lamps, but not 100% We even tried to lie about the size, but that didn't work.

Sorry for the delay in my response.

After contacting Xante, they wanted me to buy a new bypass door for the low, low rate of $1700. Imagine my surprise and the choice words that came out of my mouth after that revelation.

After my heart rate returned to normal, I talked to my tech that we have for our Ricohs. He was gracious enough to find the service and parts manual for me, and even guided me along to find the broken part in the door. It wasn't easy and a one way bearing fell apart on me, but I found the broken part and was able to fix it for significantly less then $1700.

After that repair, I found my envelopes bunching up. So I grabbed a wrench and whatever patience that I had and adjusted the height of the feeder. Took a little bit of time, but it's much better then it was. I also use the exit tray roller with a giant clip to assist. Lastly, I did have to adjust the motor speed. Not perfect, but it's about where our Impressia was.

My only other issue with the machine is running A size envelopes. It's pretty painfully slow to be honest. Even with my knowledge of the service mode, I haven't found a work around. Xante wants me to buy their special fuser for $535. A little steep when I'm getting regular fusers priced at $210. I'm trying to find out what Xante does to modify the fusers.
Can you provide any info on what you had to fix to make the feed roller move up and down? Mine went down today and I am trying to find info on repairs: You mention: "talked to my tech that we have for our Ricohs. He was gracious enough to find the service and parts manual for me, and even guided me along to find the broken part in the door. It wasn't easy and a one way bearing fell apart on me, but I found the broken part and was able to fix it"

The height of the envelope feed roller can be an important setting. Way back when Lee Weaver still worked for Xante - I'm convinced he was the only tech who actually knew anything about the design of the machine, he had me mark a line along side the rollers with a sharpie and then move it up and down the slightest amount til the results were good. Here is a document I saved from setting the feeder belts, use a USB cable to the feeder to do this through iQueue. Hope this helps someone out there.

Also they did make a new style door for feeding envelopes. The attached picture is the newer style door. They replaced mine when I had to send the machine in for servicing.

Attachments

• IMG_1537.jpg
    IMG_1537.jpg
    828.2 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_1536.jpg
    IMG_1536.jpg
    673.1 KB · Views: 302
  • XANTE FEEDER BELT SETTINGS.jpg
    XANTE FEEDER BELT SETTINGS.jpg
    977 KB · Views: 327
Has anyone had an issue where the rear motor on the feeder is constantly on when you turn it on?
The green belts just keep moving making it so you are unable to put media on them unless you have the feeder off then when you turn it back on and it stars running and then when it gets to where the white belts are.

any help would be great thank you.

You can email Xante Technical support and receive email replies for no cost.
[email protected]
is their email address.
Some guesses: disconnect the power from the conveyor, restart the Xante En Press Shut it down and start again. The only other suspect is the top blue feed roller on the feed conveyor. See if it is moveable since this activates the conveyor to advance. I have added some photos of the vertical setting of this feed roller just in case it's way too high or low on your machine. Also including photos to clarify if you have an Old Style Door on the back of the EnPress or a New Style Door which is supposed to resolve any issues with conveyor. If you find a solution for this please share it here on Print Planet for others to learn from.

Attachments

• OldStyleDoor.jpg
    OldStyleDoor.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 32
  • NewDesignDoorXanteEnPress.jpg
    NewDesignDoorXanteEnPress.jpg
    624.4 KB · Views: 32
  • NewDesignXanteEnpressFeedSetting.jpg
    NewDesignXanteEnpressFeedSetting.jpg
    726 KB · Views: 35
Good morning I have attached a video I took of the feeder to show what is going on. I thought video would help more than pictures. I had to split in to 3 clips. any help would be great I have done everything from unplugging it from the printer and the wall nothing has changed its just stuck running.

Thank you

Attachments

• Automatic.MP4
    13.5 MB
  • Automatic (1).MP4
    13.2 MB
  • Automatic (2).MP4
    11.2 MB
Did the machine ever perform properly for you? Was the EnPress acquired used or new, was it moved when the problem started occurring or reset up in a different location? Was there one day when it just all went wrong and kept turning the belts continuously?
On the back side of the conveyor are two identical to the eye plugs, try exchanging those and observe the behavior. They are specific to the exit conveyor or feeder connection.
Does the exit conveyor function properly?
Have you connected a USB cable to the iQueue Software on your windows computer? I have attached a sample of settings for the belt speeds.
If there is something mechanically wrong, Xante email support can locate parts and sell them to you. I broke an electric eye on my exit conveyor attaching it and the cost was less than $50 and they had it out in 2 days, so I do recommend contacting them if needed.
[email protected]
is their email address.

Attachments

• xanteplugs.jpg
    xanteplugs.jpg
    724.2 KB · Views: 24
  • XANTE FEEDER BELT SETTINGS.jpg
    XANTE FEEDER BELT SETTINGS.jpg
    977 KB · Views: 24
Did the machine ever perform properly for you? Was the EnPress acquired used or new, was it moved when the problem started occurring or reset up in a different location? Was there one day when it just all went wrong and kept turning the belts continuously?
On the back side of the conveyor are two identical to the eye plugs, try exchanging those and observe the behavior. They are specific to the exit conveyor or feeder connection.
Does the exit conveyor function properly?
Have you connected a USB cable to the iQueue Software on your windows computer? I have attached a sample of settings for the belt speeds.
If there is something mechanically wrong, Xante email support can locate parts and sell them to you. I broke an electric eye on my exit conveyor attaching it and the cost was less than $50 and they had it out in 2 days, so I do recommend contacting them if needed.
[email protected]
is their email address.
I have switched the wires around that did nothing. I started with the settings you sent me because I saw them in this thread and tried that last week and there was no luck. I don't understand what is going on. I am going to try emailing them with the email you sent me. thank you for all your help. I hope tech support will figure this out and if they do I will post the result here so if someone else has this problem they will be able to remedy it.

Thank you
Quicker Printing INC.

Good afternoon everyone. I had to talk to tech support they had me

"Turn the feeder off, hold the advance button down, turn the feeder back on.
The LED should blink a number of times which will indicate the new mode. It goes from 1 blink then increases by 1 until the highest mode is 6 and it cycles back to 1.
We want to try putting it in mode 4."

That did not fix my issue so I had to order a feeder repair kit so will see if that helps I will keep you all posted on what happens after the parts come in.

The parts came in and the part that needed to be replaced was the Control Module Assembly and now my feeder is fixed.

Thank you all

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back