Xante Enpress New Drum uses Fuse Blow to reset counters

WeberPrinting

I had to send a machine back for service. I was instructed to remove all drums and consumables. For some reason Xante returned the machine with their demo drums still in the machine. I had to wait a long time to get my machine back and felt I might as well use up the drums that came with the returned machine. I still have the original drums in light sealed boxes and they don't have much use on them. Less than 50% used for sure.

So today I got an error saying replace Black Drum. So I pulled out the less than 50% drum and replaced it with the one in the machine. The error continued to replace the drum.

After several emails with their service I was informed that the counters for use of the drums are only reset when a brand new drum is inserted. It has a fuse inside it and then the fuse is blown upon the machine turning on which resets the counters. A counter is maintained for the black drum and another for all three color drums. The counters have no connection to the actual drum other than the initial insertion that resets the counter.

So this leaves me with a complete set of drums that have more than half their life left, that will be unusable in the machine due to this counting system.

Some online stores offer replacement fuses for the drums for the Impressia and Illumina models of the Xante. Has anyone found a work-around to get this stupid counter system to reset on a Xante Enpress? Please help this will be a huge waste not to be able to use these drums.

Our Oki C931 has a similar system. With Oki you can put it into a "Factory Mode" (I believe that's the name) and it bypasses all counters. Most likely frowned upon by Oki but it has got us back up and running in a bind. Maybe your service technician can direct you if Xante has something similar?

I had to send a machine back for service. I was instructed to remove all drums and consumables. For some reason Xante returned the machine with their demo drums still in the machine. I had to wait a long time to get my machine back and felt I might as well use up the drums that came with the returned machine. I still have the original drums in light sealed boxes and they don't have much use on them. Less than 50% used for sure.

So today I got an error saying replace Black Drum. So I pulled out the less than 50% drum and replaced it with the one in the machine. The error continued to replace the drum.

After several emails with their service I was informed that the counters for use of the drums are only reset when a brand new drum is inserted. It has a fuse inside it and then the fuse is blown upon the machine turning on which resets the counters. A counter is maintained for the black drum and another for all three color drums. The counters have no connection to the actual drum other than the initial insertion that resets the counter.

So this leaves me with a complete set of drums that have more than half their life left, that will be unusable in the machine due to this counting system.

Some online stores offer replacement fuses for the drums for the Impressia and Illumina models of the Xante. Has anyone found a work-around to get this stupid counter system to reset on a Xante Enpress? Please help this will be a huge waste not to be able to use these drums.

Does it stop printing when you get the message about the drum replacement? I thought they kept running but just had the warning message about it needing to be replaced.

Does it stop printing when you get the message about the drum replacement? I thought they kept running but just had the warning message about it needing to be replaced.
At some point tech support said it will completely stop printing. I have never run a machine til it stopped, previously I replaced the drums. But the problem is knowing that I would basically have to discard 4 drums that have so much life left on them. Anyone else experience this?

At some point tech support said it will completely stop printing. I have never run a machine til it stopped, previously I replaced the drums. But the problem is knowing that I would basically have to discard 4 drums that have so much life left on them. Anyone else experience this?
I would run it till it stops or has a copy quality issue. With the used ones you could use them if you have a copy quality issue and don't need to clear the counter. Otherwise I would keep bugging xante and tell them you want them pro rated.

You can over ride the drum usage, my wife does it all the time. I'll post the instructions when I get back to the shop tomorrow.

Any luck on posting the instructions. My machine just stopped and only got 60,000 out last set of drums. It really sucks as the older Xante I would get over 300,000.

4 x Reset Chips for Xante EnPress Digital Multi-Media Press Refill (Enpress) ! | eBay

Has anyone tried this product on Ebay for resetting the drums on the Xante Enpress?
I have contacted the seller for more specific information on how the chips are changed on the drums and to ask if they have any such product for fuser or imaging belt.

======Update: I received a reply from AAAToner.com that these are only for "toner cartridges" for use with bulk toner they sell. Sure wish someone would make a product to reset drums, fusers and image belts.

Last edited:
I have the same machine. We don't pay for service on it, but we have a ricoh tech that said you can run those drums usually around double their "set life". I learned that after I hit 60k and replaced my black drum. I have ran about 20k over recommended on the color drums and it runs just fine.

I have the same machine. We don't pay for service on it, but we have a ricoh tech that said you can run those drums usually around double their "set life". I learned that after I hit 60k and replaced my black drum. I have ran about 20k over recommended on the color drums and it runs just fine.
How do you do this? Just got the black drum must be replaced now notice and it will NOT print until a new drum is inserted - please reply

How do you do this? Just got the black drum must be replaced now notice and it will NOT print until a new drum is inserted - please reply
Hey, sorry for the late response. The way to get around it is
-select classic printer view
-hit "reset"
- type in "806182" then hold down C
-select "PM counter/ New unit set
-select "Remaining days usage"
- press yes under "new unit set" to the parts you want to clear
- restart the machine

Alert might come up once it restarts but it will go away in a few minutes

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back