Xante Impressia Blotchiness question

mxrch

i'm sure this is probably an easy fix, i don't feel like calling Xante tech support once again. We just got a new xante impressia here at the shop for envelope printing. I'm still on the same toners that came with it, cyan magenta and yellow are at about 90% and my black is running low at about 30%. I'm just not getting very solid colors coming out. The job i'm running right now is using only one pms color, its Pantone 7477 C, I can't get it to come out solid. the envelopes im running are 24# Classic Crest #10 Envelopes. could this be from my black toner running low? or could it be from some sort of setting that im not messing with in the Iqueue software? any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
nope, not on seam. the image is being printed onto the upper left corner of the front of envelope. there is a very small area that should be solid but its very blotchy. i tried setting the temp of the fuser on the xante a little higher but that made no difference.

Actually, it is kinda on the upper left seam, but more in the center of the seam not really on the edge of it which i know would make it blotchy. im almost thinking its just the stock im using, although the sample envelope i have to go off of is the same stock and is very solid color, but printed on a PSI LM3655 who knows how long ago. i would think that our brand new xante impressia would print better quality then the old psi...which is why i think there is a setting i am not using either on the iqueue software or on the impressia printer itself.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I have a illumina so I am unsure of how to proceed now. When this happens to us we notice a slight improvement by telling the machine that it is a thinner stock in the iQueue. You will have to find out if that works for the impressia.

How old are the envelopes? Any humidity can also wreak havoc with these envelope printers. Most of the problems I've had with print quality on an Oki have been with humidity.

the envelopes just got shipped to us, so they were brand new. im thinking its just that nature of the classic crest stock... i messed with the weight of the envelope setting inside the iqueue software which helped very slightly. i got the ok to run the job anyways so ill just have to keep trial and error on fixing this issue. thanks for the help guys

Had the same issue months back, sent the unit back, came back same issue, they called it back on their dime, poor contacting cyan on transfer belt.
Cited a bent tab?

Just for giggles on the main panel tell it to do color registration, I don't have mine on so I can't remember exactly what it says.

I was wondering if you've been able to fix this issue? I'm having the same problem and we've had our Impressia since September 2015. We've used multiple stocks, settings, speeds, etc. and no matter what we do this still doesn't print solids as well as the Illumina. Our sales rep isn't much help when it comes to this...he's more of a "stop by if absolutely necessary, act like a know it all, not fix the issue, and leave" kind of guy. Since tech support isn't much better I wanted to ask around before going back to them for the thousandth time. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back