Xante Impressia - Enterprise Feeder question

raminmd

We looked at the Impressia today. We are considering buying one. We will be primarily running #10 white/#10 white windows, some A9 envelopes and some 10 x 13s. Our run size will be anywhere from 500 - 12,000 or so and about 50% of our jobs will be variable data.

We left a little underwhelmed by the demo. The quality was ok (not great but fine for envelope printing) but there was definite embossing and the feeder looked like a pain to operate. The person giving the demo had issues getting it to feed properly.

Our Xante rep (who referred us to this dealer for the demo) told us that embossing is not an issue on the new Impressia and our envelopes might have been the issue and gave us the number of a printer who has been running this machine for a few months now. I spoke to the printer and he said he runs a ton of envelopes through the printer without any feeding issues or embossing.

We are not sure how to proceed. We do need an envelope printer and it seems like our best options are either the Xante Impressia (with the RICOH engine) or the Oki with a straight shooter. I like the Xante Impressia because of the lower operating costs but I want to make sure we are not getting something we will be unhappy with. On these forums, most reviews are not very glowing of Xante's service.

Does anyone have the Impressia with the new enterprise feeder (apparently this new feeder was introduced only in January of this year)? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Have one. been a year and not working properly since day 1. xante is now finally taking action it seems after plenty of threats. i will be fair and repost after they fly a tech down later in august. for now i can tell you that the standard feeder is brutal, the fuser does not fuse(on ours) unless you slow it down.. and large envelopes are insanely slow.

the machine has potential and i will repost if they get it working properly.. as it stands i would hold off momentarily if i was you.. just my opinion.

Our Impressia is a little over a year old with about 650,000 on it. The old feeder was a PAIN, the new Enterprise feeder is night and day, very rarely do we have a feed issue. Is it hit the button and walk away... no, but it sure as hell beats a press.

New Impressia, old Illumina

New Impressia, old Illumina

Our Impressia is a little over a year old with about 650,000 on it. The old feeder was a PAIN, the new Enterprise feeder is night and day, very rarely do we have a feed issue. Is it hit the button and walk away... no, but it sure as hell beats a press.

Our Impressia is a month old. We do #10 regulars, #10 windows, 9x12s, 10x15s and specialty wedding invitations and envelopes. We are having no problems at all with social invitations and envelopes thru multi-purpose tray with variables addresses and back flaps. Minor feeding problems with #10 regulars and 9x12's. Major problems with #10 windows with glasseine. Have been using Printmaster recycled. Just ordered envelopes from a different manufacturer - waiting to see if feeding and skewing is better with different brand of envelope. Our old Illumina has 2 million impressions, but major problems. We are trying to decide whether to send to Alabama for refurbishment. Right now it won't go on; when it DID go on, we got a "waste toner full" message that was incorrect, but we have been unable to clear the message even after changing sensors and several boards. Very frustrating.

I purchased one not to long ago with the enterprise feeder as well. its an ok machine as long as you accept its limitations. it is a copy machine that prints on envelopes. does it look like an offset printed envelope? no. is it easier and cheaper to print an envelope on the xante vs. offset? yes. and it does variable at the same time. I haven't had much issue in the embossing department. seems ok there. Customer service seems great as well. I have not complained much to them really so i cant say what my position would be if i had a lemon and needed replacement or service. My xante rep is great and helps me out when i need it. as for the 1-800 and everyone else at the company................. i wont say anymore.... I had also purchased a xante vm2 violet imagesetter w/ processor a while back and that thing is pretty bulletproof. still going strong 5 years later with no issues.

I purchased one not to long ago with the enterprise feeder as well. its an ok machine as long as you accept its limitations. it is a copy machine that prints on envelopes. does it look like an offset printed envelope? no. is it easier and cheaper to print an envelope on the xante vs. offset? yes. and it does variable at the same time. I haven't had much issue in the embossing department. seems ok there. Customer service seems great as well. I have not complained much to them really so i cant say what my position would be if i had a lemon and needed replacement or service. My xante rep is great and helps me out when i need it. as for the 1-800 and everyone else at the company................. i wont say anymore.... I had also purchased a xante vm2 violet imagesetter w/ processor a while back and that thing is pretty bulletproof. still going strong 5 years later with no issues.

Our rep is also fantastic. Our tech guy in Alabama has also gone above and beyond for us. Our customers are quite happy with the quality of the envelope printing - we print wholesale for other local printers who need short run full color. If we can get past this window envelope issue I'll be happy as a clam...

You need to use the digital windows from Western States Envelope Item #3180. It is a different material for the window.

You need to use the digital windows from Western States Envelope Item #3180. It is a different material for the window.

Funny you say that...I just contacted Western yesterday and ordered a trial case of their windows. So happy to hear that's the solution. Can't wait for them to arrive. Thanks so much...you've eased my mind going in to holiday weekend!!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back