Xante Impressia or Konica Minolta Bizhub C452

fouad

Hello,

I am confused between 3 Printers:
Xante Impressia
Bizhub C452
Bizhub Pro C6501

What do you suggest ? What about Quality ? Cost Per Print ?

my main work will be Letterheads, Envelopes, Business Cards, Flyers ..

Regards

Get printed samples from all three, and use one of your own files to compare, on several stocks, coated and uncoated. As far as cost, you get click quotes from the sales people (and be sure to tell them you are looking at other brands), or find out from the sales people the cost of consumables and "guesstimate." Ask other owners in your same area their opinions, if possible.

Ask about the heaviest stock each will duplex. Ask how picky each machine is to environmental conditions.

I have the Impressia .... no problems, runs great. I print a lot of business cards, flyers, envelopes, numbered tickets, stuff like that.

I have the Konica Minolta C454
Not sure how different than it is from the C452 but this piece of crap can barely do envelopes. It crushes them and doesn't lay down even coverage. AND you can only insert about 5 in the stack bypass. It was a cost effective solution for us but i wouldn't have made the same decision again.

agmfan is right,
Get those reps to demo each of those units. Don't take their word for it. Don't take their first offer either and don't be afraid to demand a lower cost per impression. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ask other owners their opinion. They can let you know the real deal behind these machines that alot of short sighted reps won't tell you.

good luck to you.

Before we purchase it, we went to an open house and I took files that I knew I would be running, and the stock. I haven't had any issues with it. I still set my business cards 12 up if they don't bleed and send my pdf over, the software will set it up but I prefer to do it myself.
I have numbered a few jobs on it, that is very handy, I see where a few improvements could be made but that is the way it always is. No way we can hang a plate, run the job, then number the job for what I can do it on the Impressia for.
Good luck.

We have the C452 Unfortunately - just as a sort of backup machine for short silly runs - like 20 pieces - its a total piece of Garbage - its not a production machine by any stretch of the imagination, this I have always known - but even if it was in an office environment where quality and reliability was not that crucial it wouldn't cut it. Luckily we are renting it - so the techs are here, and I'm not lying - every day for the past year! Jams, lasers go out of registration, the PC Board needed replacing, they took the whole machine away for three months - and the load unit was just as crap. I have no experience or heard anything about Impressia, and I think the Konika C6501 is a light / entry level "Press" which might suit you better- the C452 is definitely not a work horse in my experience.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back