Xante Platemaker Plate issues

James Pilgrim

I am using a Platemaker 4 and an AB Dick 9910.

Previously been using Novadom plates with no major issues. These don't seem to be available in the UK anymore, so we have been using Myriad plates.

However, printer is having issues with plugging. Have tried all sorts of founts but this keeps happening.

Once a job has been run for approx 200 make ready sheets, the issue seems to go away only for it to reappear after a wash up and a different colour ink put on press.

Any ideas?

Thanks Simon! :D

They have 2 boxes in stock, but it appears supplies are somewhat erratic at present, however problem solved for the near future.

No problem, glad I could help.

Hopefully they will get their supply issue resolved as they are the best plates we have used.

Simon

I get ultafine xante compatable plates from photo warehouse and they work much better for me than the myriad. I tend to get broken or chipped type on the myriad. Also you may want to check your ep1 setting. It should be around 16 and if too low will cause toning issues.

Novadom UK Supplier

Novadom UK Supplier

Hi,
just started using Novadom plates through our xante for use on 9810 AB Dick.
UK Supplier on the box (which we inherited with the printer).
TechNova Imaging Systems (P) Limited
Unit 8a - Waverley Industrial Park
Hailsham Drive
Harrow Middlesex HA1 4TR
United Kingdom
Phone : +44 (0)20 8427 6662
Fax : +44 (0)20 8427 1162
eMail : [email protected]

Only issue I have found is the image picking off the plate. The instructions on the Technova.com site state that the novadom plate clean should be washed straight off, as it can become tacky and cause toner to pick off. The instructions on the cleaner state to buff it dry then wash off when on press. WWhat method do you guys use. Would be grateful for any advice.
regards, Matt.:confused:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back