Xeikon

Keith

I am curious, does anyone know how much those Xeikons go for? I'm still researching new machines and I don't want to leave any stone unturned. I don't want to arbitrarily dismiss it because I am assuming it is way out of my price range.

Thank you very muchfor any information.
Keith

Our shop has a Xeikon 5000 (reconditioned), and two new 6000's. We paid approx 325,000 for the 5000, the 6000's go for approx 725,000. The newest 8000's are pushing a million. They are true workhorses. If you don't need the speed or substrate flexibility there are probably cheaper alternatives. These numbers are ballpark, presumably they could be negotiated based upon toner consumption commitments etc.

Just as I thought, way out of my price range. But a printer can dream can't he? Thanks for the info Screaming Pressman. I love reading and learning about print machines and the technology behind them. Now, Craig asked about my application...that's a good question. What are the Xeikons' commonly used for, Screaming Pressman? What are the advantages of a toner based web printer? Who's engine does it use or is it Xeikons?

Keith

Xeikon's has been around for quite awhile, they are best for 2 sided applications since they print on both sides in one pass. The engine is their own design and others have rebranded it such as Xerox, IBM, Agfa, and Nilpeter. They also have a 13 inch single sided machine designed for label production. I believe they were one of the early ones to have a 5th color station as well.

There are lots of advantages to the design. The paper drives the photoconductors and establishes the timing. I have seen NO other digital press that can match Xeikon for color to color and especially front to back registration. Many of our jobs do not need to go through a pre-press dept due to the flexibility of the RIP. By running off of a web, you're limited only by the size of the roll your feeder/unwinder can handle. Paper savings can be considerable over the course of a long run compared to cut sheet prices. Yes, they are best for two sided printing and can run at speeds in excess of 20cm/second with a 19" printable width, no limit on the length - 20 foot banners no problems. I would not say they are tops for quality, but they do print very well. Uptime is impressive with the latest versions. They are quite expensive, but reconditioned models can be had with full support.

Good Luck in your search!
SP

Xeikon

I am curious, does anyone know how much those Xeikons go for? I'm still researching new machines and I don't want to leave any stone unturned. I don't want to arbitrarily dismiss it because I am assuming it is way out of my price range.

Thank you very muchfor any information.
Keith

We have a Xeikon DCP 50 D digital press for sale for $42,000. Last year it was updated to the tune of $150,000 with latest software and Harlequin RIP.

Contact us at [email protected] for all details

I think the Xeikon can do some amazing things, but one area I have found lacking are the smoothness of vignettes, can't do as well as an Indigo or even an iGen. Maybe the machine just had a bad day, but I know they tried pretty hard before they told me I wouldn't be happy with the appearance.

John Lind
Cranberry Township, PA
724-776-4718

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back