Xerox 5000AP Printing out of register.....

amsman

I am running a DC5000AP / Creo CX50 RIP ( 110,000 Clicks ) and we are starting to get intermittent sheets out of register across the sheet ( Short Scan? ).

We mostly run 300gsm SRA3 board and dress all sides of our stock prior to printing and have very few jams.

It's probably 1 every 100 - 200 sheets, and is more common in All Stocks Mode.

Xerox Techs have been very helpful but are saying that they have never seen this before ( the first catch cry of a tech ) and have completely replaced the Imaging Belt unit, sensors and all and it is still out intermittently.

I initialy thought it was mechanical, but it could be the RIP. (Seems more common on complicated files?)

Has anyone with a DC 5, 7, or 8 seen this problem?

Unfortunately can't help but we've got some problems with 5000AP registration too... also only on 300gsm and basically when we're auto duplexing the image on the 2nd side is much smaller than the first.

Would be great to hear from anyone who's experienced similar problems!

Unfortunately can't help but we've got some problems with 5000AP registration too... also only on 300gsm and basically when we're auto duplexing the image on the 2nd side is much smaller than the first.

Would be great to hear from anyone who's experienced similar problems!

First thing to ask is what front end are you using? What type of paper?
This will help determine if it is a front end problem or a paper shrinkage problem. I think I can help with both.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back