xerox 700 competition/ other options for upgrade at small digital shop

Hi,
We are a small digital print shop in South Carolina, and we currently use a Xerox Docucolor 240 as our main printer. We have started selling online and need to move up to a faster digital printer.

I would like a something comparable to the xerox 700, we need the ability to run 13x19, high capacity feeders, ability to run at least 300gsm, and a 200 gsm duplex ability. I also would like something with a lower gloss level for the prints.

Suggestions and I ideas. I am talk to a Konica Minolta Rep (Oce), but I am looking for other options. I think any canon dealers are too far away either in Atlanta, North Carolina, or Florida. So what are some other options I can look into based on those requirements.

Please let me know if I should state any other requirements or needs.
thank you
Paul

Maybe an MGI Meteor DP60 is another option, though it costs around double of X700. There are no other options known (KM6501 maybe).

okay so no other digital presses that could compare? Which of my requirements make it so that I should get the DC 700?
I was hoping for some competition or comparables to help me with understanding the pricing differences and comparing prices or contracts.
Sorry I am new to this whole picking out printer idea, the DC 240 was there when I got here but I have really figured it out and we maximizing on all of its capabilities. So I assume I would want something similar but faster.
thanks
Paul

Well, if you look at similar posts your comparison is the KM CX501! You have no canon dealer even if you did you would be looking at 6000 which is not in the same price bracket I think. Aside from that the relative unknown Ricoh have released a 55/70 pager in this space which (visually atleast) is the same size as a KM.

You might consider the used market, if a larger sized machine is not an issue. It may get you faster speeds and push out the need for another machine later on.

Xerox 700

Xerox 700

We just installed a Xerox 700 this past week. We looked around and found that this machine has the best color using an EFI Fiery Rip and the best offset look of any machine within $75k of it's selling price. We bought it through Fuji and their technicians did the color, training and networking after Xerox set the machine up. It was worth it to have professionals who know color and matched it to our 10 color & 6 color Komori's. Your rep from Fuji in that area is: Paul Lynaugh (704) 236-2952

I am an IBM Printing Systems(now known as InfoPrint) dealer and we have a 90PPM C900 that has excellent 1200x1200 quality and the rep that I work with is in Dataw, SC. Can I have him contact you?

RKS
Did you look at the xerox FreeFlow print server? I'm considering the 700 but have not made up my mind between the EFI Fiery Rip and the FreeFlow. Your thoughts are much appriciated

I know the Canon imagePress 6000 is more, but the quality is great and there is no shine indicative of toner based machines. It does slowdown for cover weights and duplexing, so if you need speed than the imagePress 7000VP or 6000VP do not slowdown when running cover weights and duplexing. And it will run 300 gsm (110# Classic Crest cover or 14pt C2S Board) really well, including duplexing.

RKS
Did you look at the xerox FreeFlow print server? I'm considering the 700 but have not made up my mind between the EFI Fiery Rip and the FreeFlow. Your thoughts are much appriciated

I have sold both. It depends on what kind of prepress work you do in your shop. The Free Flow Server will reduce your pre press time dramatically. The bustled Fiery is good and less expensive.
I have not noticed any difference in color quality.

Absolutely, You won't get the jagged egdes like only have a 600X600 dpi. You see finer detail which makes the print way more sellable.

Now please correct my answer R&D Anaylst.

So the most expensive Xerox(IGEN) prints with jagged edges? Thanks for the competitive advantage.

Attachments

• 490_980_CF_land_555x192_en-us.jpg
    490_980_CF_land_555x192_en-us.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 240
I am curious. Is there any reason you have not had the Creo rip pricing included along with the EFI and Freeflow?

I asked because we are in the market for an upgrade to our 240 and the Creo rip appears to be very robust. Is there any reason that I should think otherwise?

Thanks,

Shane

Interpolation

Interpolation

When looking for a digital color machine you might want to consider the gradation levels given by the machines bit depth.

The KM C6501 is an 8 bit machine which in return give you 256 gradations, that is over 16 million different colors.

There was an instance of a 2400x2400 dpi machine such as the Xerox 700. You can only get 2400x2400 dpi if you has software that will interpolate the image to do so.

A big factor is that KM has a more symmetrical toner that will fill in very nice compared to the Xerox 700. Xerox has a polymerized toner. The difference is under a loop.

As to KM's 600x600 dpi levels, if you hold a 2400x2400 dpi and 600x600 together you will not tell the difference. Believe me I tried. Xerox has never made a machine that will do 2400x2400 dpi with out interpolation. The industries standard is 600x600

The relay units on the KM C6501 has a tremendous impact on the print process. Keep in mind that the relay unit is designed to cool the paper before it passes through for a duplex print. This will give you the consistent speed of the machine and allow to maintain your through put.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back