Xerox 700 Parts Issues & Productivity Plus

We got a Xerox 700 last April and are running just about at the capacity of the equipment per the CED. But lately we are down more than we are up. I thought we were supposed to have something like the Xerox Productivity Plus training and parts on site, but we just seem to be waiting. All the time. For days. For what seems like standard items- developer, belts, even drums. We're a production shop and being told daily "the part will be in tomorrow" only to have it not arrive, is a major issue!

So my question is - is this a common thing, to wait days for parts?

And how can I find out more about the Productivity Plus program from Xerox, is is something our reseller should have setup for us? I found little online easily.

Who is your service provider? Is it Xerox Direct or a dealer?

We have a 700 that we got in December and have been running the crap out of it ever since. The dealer that is servicing it is claiming it's losing several thousand dollars a month on our maintenance. (I used 20 toner carts from Friday 4:00PM to Monday 8:00AM.) They wouldn't send more toner until our lawyer threatened a lawsuit. (We've been down for lack of supplies from Monday AM til about 3:00PM Tuesday.)

I'd bet the "delays" in part shipment are due to your coverage and consumption if you are with a dealer. I've been with Xerox Direct in the past and never had issues with them. (Threaten using the TSG and that should kick them in gear if you're Xerox Direct).

As for training on drums/fuser I never received anything formal, just the tech showed me on install.

Jerod.

Dealer. They haven't said much about our consumption, they definitely knew what they'd be getting into with us. I can't even get drums here without a service tech bringing them!

can't help on the dealer side; each dealer controls their own inventory I believe.

Can't you switch to Xerox service? When you order parts/consumables, they should take 3-4 business days via UPS/FEDEX ground.

About the XPP program, I think it's only available for customers with service from Xerox direct.

Xerox does not offer Productivity Plus on the 700. But all operators should be trained to replace drums & fusers as part of the operator training. Yes, Xerox has had problems with supplies on the 700, but things seem to be getting a little better. Our shop has been running 110,000-165,000 full size (12x18 or 13x19) clicks per month and sometimes we do go through periods of seeing a tech very often, but then other times, we may only need a tech once in a months time. The Xerox standard for the drum cartridges of supposedly lasting at least 30 days doesn't work for us. Our drums last approximately 1-1.5 weeks, therefore when we try to order the drums, the call center refuses and we have to have them get the tech to call us & then he places the order. Hopefully, Xerox will remedy this in the near future. Our saving grace has been that we purchased the machine through Fuji and their demo room usually has toner/drums in stock and can help tide us over till Xerox get's our order in. The toner shortage seems to be disappearing. All in all, it's a great machine....Even if we do try to stretch it's limits all the time.

Inventory & Fuji

Inventory & Fuji

Our saving grace has been that we purchased the machine through Fuji and their demo room usually has toner/drums in stock and can help tide us over till Xerox get's our order in. The toner shortage seems to be disappearing. All in all, it's a great machine....Even if we do try to stretch it's limits all the time.

We've been a client of Fuji since 1997 - and presently have 4 Frontiers. We are looking into the Xerox 700 - but have also entertained the 260 to "start out". I've grown VERY concerned about the supply issues mentioned here, and elsewhere. With our regular paper/chemistry, Fuji couldn't care less how much inventory we have at any given time, as long as we pay the bill in 60 days. So, I'm curious why there seems to be such a tight control of inventory with this type of printing. Why should they care? This may be a stupid question... but obviously, we'll be newbies in this in press, vs. photographic. Obviously, there's a reason for the inventory control - it's just not apparent to me at the moment. :rolleyes:

From all the research I've done, clearly... we're TOTALLY spoiled with the Frontiers. We only have a tech out once or twice a year. But, we need to add press printing - so I guess we'll have to get more accustomed to service calls.

The toner/parts issue has nothing to do with Fuji. This is controlled by Xerox. You have to order everything through them. Things seem to be easing. Xerox is now sending in 4-5 weeks worth of toner at a time. The drums, fusers, etc. are a lot better now. Plus there are work arounds; calling the tech reps and placing orders through them has worked great if your production levels are high and you are going through them faster than what is normal. Overall - they are getting their supply problems fixed. The 700 has been a great success for them, probably more than they had anticipated. I really believe that the 700 along with the new release of the 1000/800 machines will really open a lot of people's eyes.

This is a little concerning - I'm looking at purchasing a 700 and the last thing I need is problems getting toner & parts.

We've now received our 2nd batch of 4-5 week supply of toner, no hickups. Also, they are keeping us with an large supply of drums, etc. So, I believe they have their supply issues fixed.

This is a little concerning - I'm looking at purchasing a 700 and the last thing I need is problems getting toner & parts.

Shane, where in the world are you?

If you are in the U.S., there should be no more supplies issues.

Shane, where in the world are you?

If you are in the U.S., there should be no more supplies issues.

I'm in Sydney, Australia. Will be investigating other Xerox customers in town and see what they come back with.

Shane, there are no supply issues in Australia. Toners, fusers, drums and IBTs are well stocked in the Sydney warehouse. On several occassions this year I have experienced 3 hour turnaround on orders of toner.

Shane, there are no suply issues in Australia. Toners, fusers, drums and IBTs are well stocked in the Sydney warehouse. On several occassions this year I have experienced 3 hour turnaround on orders of toner.

Exactly what I want to hear, thanks for that.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back