Xerox 700 streaking, banding, large area coverage and light color

xerox 700 banding

xerox 700 banding

We have been having to replace ours more often. With the switch from Japanese to domestic after the tsunami we have had trouble with Jack Links.

Tell your tech this
replace all developer housings with 5000 developer housings. of course put in Xerox 700 developer.

Xerox 700 developer housings have issues, all of them

Hey VN.

Here's a simple fix to correct the unven toner distrubution on heavier paper.

Login as administrator 11111
Tools
Paper Tray Settings
Custom Paper Settings
Create a new paper.
On the "Image Transfer Adjustment Menu" set the % from Auto to around 70% manually.
Save this custom paper.

Cycle the trays and change the settings of the paper you have loaded to the custom paper you have created.
Experiment with the different %'s until you get even coverge and no "mottle" or uneven coverage.

As for the streaking, looks like your yellow drum needs replacing or even the ROS assembly. (That's the laser scan assembly which puts the image on the drum. both K and Y are on the same laser housing)

Let us know how you go with the custom paper settings.
Have your tech replace the developer housing and the drum for yellow before venturing down the replacement of the ROS (Raster Output Scanner)

:)

Hiya,

have you created custom paper profiles for your linen stock? You will be able to adjust the charging voltge to get the toner to get in your paper's surface much better.

:)

Tell your tech this
replace all developer housings with 5000 developer housings. of course put in Xerox 700 developer.

Plus one for this tip our Xerox 700 prints much better now - took a few service calls in a row with a blotchy blue solid before they tried this. First the tech never heard of this then after no luck or only a quick fix for a day they tried this and much better now - Thank you

Tell your tech this

We just had 5000 housings installed in our C75 and there is a definite improvement although our black is still screwed. Time will tell if these housings are better or not.. we've had new dev housings installed on a nearly weekly basis so far.

We just had 5000 housings installed in our C75 and there is a definite improvement although our black is still screwed. Time will tell if these housings are better or not.. we've had new dev housings installed on a nearly weekly basis so far.

I guess we got lucky. Our C75 that was installed last week prints great. We put 40,000 clicks through it last week.

Did your issues appear after you had run for a while or did they start right off?

I guess we got lucky. Our C75 that was installed last week prints great. We put 40,000 clicks through it last week.

Did your issues appear after you had run for a while or did they start right off?

We are a refurb and resell business so we've seen this on many units. My thinking is either there were bad batches of developer housings out there or I know it's the same housing as the ones used in 242 252 260 model and being installed on 700 series. Any ways the 5000 housing works alot better. Run your machine as much as you can, "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

We are a refurb and resell business so we've seen this on many units. My thinking is either there were bad batches of developer housings out there or I know it's the same housing as the ones used in 242 252 260 model and being installed on 700 series. Any ways the 5000 housing works alot better. Run your machine as much as you can, "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

If I understood correctly, the 5000 developer housing unit can also be used in the 242, right ?

Since the 5000 works in the 700, and the 242 works in the 700.

Or am I missing something ?

The 5000 Developer housings can be installed on Docucolors or 700 Color press lines. Just make sure your putting in the matching developer for your machine not the 5000.

we had it confirmed from one of our techs that it was a really bad batch of developer, and we really haven't seen any problems for a few months.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back