Xerox 7002 Speed issue

Yookaroo

Hi folks, wondering if anyone could suggest why I am having issues with my speed. It may be the size of the piece, but Im not sure. We are printing at around 20 a minute.

Piece is 4/1 (black) 7.25" wide x 14" tall
Im using Xerox's rip with a ppml file
Stock is set at 120 GSM, its an 80lb coated
Piece is variable, just a NAB on 1 side in black and a salutation on the other in colour
Smart is set to nearest neighbor (fastest)
Machine settings are at all stocks at rated speed.

THis is killing me as I need to run 75,000 and Im getting about 1000 an hour, the only thing I can see is that the paper stock is set up as satin instead of a gloss coated, could that make a difference. Running these in batches of 10,000 I would like to try something else if I can

OK...

So you'd get 70 pages per minute for anything 8.5x11" and then half that for anything above this (trying to work with the US sizes and I'm from UK so may be slightly out!!) ...so 35ppm, because it's duplexing this will halve again so you should be running at 17.5ppm?

OK...

So you'd get 70 pages per minute for anything 8.5x11" and then half that for anything above this (trying to work with the US sizes and I'm from UK so may be slightly out!!) ...so 35ppm, because it's duplexing this will halve again so you should be running at 17.5ppm?

Sorry, we are getting 10 duplexed pages per minute, I have a Xerox 700 running the same job beside it and its at least 2x faster.

Read the CED, it will not run at rated speed if printing 4 over Black.

Bugger, so if I was 4/4 it would run faster. Just bought the new Konica/Minolta 8000 hopefully it will do this job faster. unfortunately its variable both sides or I would just run the black first.

Bugger, so if I was 4/4 it would run faster. Just bought the new Konica/Minolta 8000 hopefully it will do this job faster. unfortunately its variable both sides or I would just run the black first.

Did you get a delivery date for the Konica ? Post pics :)

Xerox 7002 vs KM C6000

Xerox 7002 vs KM C6000

Hi Yookaroo

We have also had the same issues, but only at initial trial level but are worried that printing 4/1 will be slower than printing 4/4 on the Xerox 7002.
We are also very interested in the KM c6000 and wonder if this machine has the same problem handling personalised documents printed 4 colours to front and black reverse.

Please can you/or anyone enlighten me and let me know if the KM has the same problem.

Cheers

Please can you/or anyone enlighten me and let me know if the KM has the same problem.

This is not a "Problem" this is the machine adjusting for 4/1 which in turn will click the meter accordingly. Instead of being charged for 4/4 you will be billed for 4/1.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back