Xerox 7675 Print Problem - White lines show up on one color only (magenta). HELP!!

jhs1391

I'm new to this forum so excuse me if I'm posting this in the wrong place but I'm a bit desperate. We're a small print shop with a Xerox 7675 and it started printing white lines on Magenta only. Please see attached images. We have quite a bit of print jobs to run and our new printer (Xerox 700) does not arrive until late next week.

I've exhausted a lot of possibilities. All toner cartridges have been replaced. Belt replaced. Fuser replaced.

I've been reading in some posts that it might be the ROS unit, I've tried cleaning it with no success.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC_0007.JPG
    DSC_0007.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,183
Magenta colour drum? That would be the first thing I would replace when seeing lines only on one colour.

Looks like it's the drum to me. Developer going bad should produce a mottling look to my knowledge. Do you have drums you can replace yourself or is it something the tech does on a 7675?

It is a hard job to obtain white lines because of drum but easy one from developer roll. You need only some debris in developer house.
However he can swap the drums from machine to check if drum module is the problem.
Colour drums are the same.

Crap between the metering blade and the magroller, causing the white lines. Pull out your drum and look at the developer roller.

I like how everyone is giving different advice. Did you make sure your printer was turned ON before you printed these samples? If it will not turn on, check to see if it is PLUGGED IN. Report back with your results.

I like how everyone is giving different advice. Did you make sure your printer was turned ON before you printed these samples? If it will not turn on, check to see if it is PLUGGED IN. Report back with your results.

There are different things that can cause this. If on a service plan, the easiest thing is to replace and try is the colour drums, or even swap the colour drums (e.g.magenta and yellow). If that does not fix it just call service.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back