Xerox 800 "Adjusting Image Quality" every 60 sheets

G

Hi All.

On a Xerox 800 color press

I am running a long run black and white job on 235 gsm cover stock 17 x 11. The press stops about every 60 sheets to Adjust Image Quality.

Do I have a setting wrong somewhere? Or is this just the nature of the machine?

Are you running your press with Fiery?
We had this same issue with a large book that had many color and black and white pages thru out.
Xerox needed to update the Fiery with a patch to correct this problem.
No problem anymore.

It is with fiery command workstation. It was totally updated by Xerox not too long ago though. How long ago was your issue?

It is my understanding from Xerox that this is common for mixed b/w and color pages but I thought it was not an issue with all one stock and just black and white.

We had the press installed in March and it happened a month or two after that.

It was with one stock, 60# offset, mixed color and black and white pages.

We have not had any problems since they put the updated with the patch.

There is an NVM setting you can turn image adjust off. I'll look it up and post it.

I updated the fiery and after the update it ran without stopping for many sheets and many forms. And then all the sudden it was back to it's old ways.

The NVM setting is 700-921. It will disable Auto Color Adjustments. Switch the number from 2 to 0. When the job is complete switch it back to 2 for 4/4 work.

We have a 1000 - The NVM that craig listed above definitely helps with jobs that are mixed color/b+w pages. It still seems problematic for us trying to run blank slip sheets for us though. Still wants to do an adjustment before and after a slip sheet. With a book with a handful of slip sheets throughout the machine slows to a crawl. We've actually printed on slip sheets before just to keep the machine moving and ate the extra clicks. (These are programmed as blank inserts through the Fiery)

The issue seems real sporadic following the Fiery update. We'll get a long run without stopping and then several stops on a short run. Doesn't seem to make sense.

Thanks for the nvm. I'll keep it in mind for when I go back to B&W. I'm guessing I will get color variation issues if I try to disable it during color printing?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back