Xerox 800 - Waste toner streaks on sheets

G

We are getting an issue where we are getting waste toner streaks on our sheets. Usually the heaviest when the machine starts back up again after pausing to "adjust image quality"
It appears as though toner is backing up in the ibt belt cleaner.

We replaced the ibt cleaner assembly and the new one gets full of waste toner right away.

We opened the the machine during test print and the ibt cleaner is spinning fast and appears to be working properly.

Where the cleaner assembly dump tube inserts into the back of the machine is clear and open and no toner build up.

We took the back of the machine apart and all of the augers in the plumbing system appear to be functioning properly and carrying waste toner to the 2 dump bottles.

We're not sure why the cleaner assembly would be holding onto the toner. If we take it out and slowly auger it by hand with the dump tube open, we can quickly eject a pile of waste toner with just a couple turns.

Any ideas on this one?

Thanks!

We had the same problem on one of our c1000…….Replaced the motor that turns the IBT cleaner

Last edited:
Are you sure that it is the IBT cleaner and not the 2nd Bias Transfer? This issue can occur from either parts. Easiest way to check is to pull the IBT area out and wipe a spot after the cleaner and check to see if any residual toner is on a white paper towel. Then do the same with the brown belt of the 2nd transfer.

We had same issue a while back on our X800, the problem was the auger (spell) in the back of the machine was clogged and not moving the used toner to the waste bottle.
We would vacuum the IBT cleaner every few thousand sheets until the tech was able to come onsite and replace.
Hope that helps

Not sure how the configuration works with the Xerox 800, but we have a Xerox 700 and once or twice had 2 parallel lines close together like train tracks. This was due to the cleaning blade at the end of the IBT belt having nicks and cuts in it through wear and tear. Once we replaced the cleaning blade everything was okay.

It is definitely backing up in the IBT Cleaner. The motor appears to be spinning but if you take the cleaner out and auger it by hand, it ejects a big pile of toner. So my conclusion at this point is the drive motor for the ibt cleaner might be spinning intermittently. It has the manufacturer's information on it but I called them and they said I'd have to call Xerox.
20141108_102404.jpg
Does anybody happen to know the XEROX part number for this?

Make sure there is waste toner in the waste bottle, because around 2 years ago we had a waste bottle fail on us which meant the coil in the bottle wasn't turning and blocked toner in the tubes all the way back to the auger.
It was a bit of a job to clean up and replace, but luckily we were on a service contract with Xerox.

It is definitely backing up in the IBT Cleaner. The motor appears to be spinning but if you take the cleaner out and auger it by hand, it ejects a big pile of toner. So my conclusion at this point is the drive motor for the ibt cleaner might be spinning intermittently. It has the manufacturer's information on it but I called them and they said I'd have to call Xerox.
View attachment 4442
Does anybody happen to know the XEROX part number for this?

P/N: 127K59650 Motor Assy-IBT,CLN

Received this motor and installed it and it has been running streak free now for a couple of days. I am hoping this one is solved. Thanks for all the good advice!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back