Xerox ColorPress with Fiery

pabney

I currently have a C100 with the Freeflow rip. I have an opportunity to change to the Fiery rip and would like to talk to someone that is running the Fiery on this press, especially if they are running variable data type jobs.

Any takers?

Thanks
Paul

We run VDP all the time with the Fiery. We have found PDF/VT works better if you use Acrobat 3.0 compatibility when outputting from Fusion Pro.

We do a bit of variable work and use and older version of Fusion and for small jobs use PDF because you can preview the job before you send it to the rip but for larger jobs we use ppml - it rips much faster . . .

Hey dabob - If your version of Fusion Pro allows for PDF/VT give it a try. It rips about the same speed as PPML or VPS but allows you to do a soft proof at the same time.

A couple of questions on the Fiery if I may.

1. Can you define drawer pulls based on record sets? So if I have 3 pages per record and 1000 records I would need page 1 from drawer one, page 2 from drawer 2 and page 3 from drawer 3 then start at drawer 1 again.

2. If I am doing a transactional VDP job with variable page counts per record, will Fiery see the request for different papers. (I am using XMPie)

3. Are hot folders individual mount points or do you just mount one folder and the hot folders are in a tree.

4. Are you using the APPE rip or the CPSI.

A couple of questions on the Fiery if I may.

1. Can you define drawer pulls based on record sets? So if I have 3 pages per record and 1000 records I would need page 1 from drawer one, page 2 from drawer 2 and page 3 from drawer 3 then start at drawer 1 again.

2. If I am doing a transactional VDP job with variable page counts per record, will Fiery see the request for different papers. (I am using XMPie)

3. Are hot folders individual mount points or do you just mount one folder and the hot folders are in a tree.

4. Are you using the APPE rip or the CPSI.

I would love to hear if #1 is possible. We have Fiery's, and if it is possible, I haven't figured out how to do it.

I would love to hear if #1 is possible. We have Fiery's, and if it is possible, I haven't figured out how to do it.

There might be a better way to do #1, but for jobs like that I export each record as it's own PDF (i.e. 1,000x records = 1,000 PDFs) and fire them through to our printers using a neat little program called Batch and Print Pro.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back