Xerox Colour 1000

The flood seal you speak of is currently available on the Fiery RIP I believe - they are working on doing it for the free flow.

We have put together some marketing material and re-did all of our business cards using the clear - we were able to do some cool designs. I will say it will take some playing to figure out what backgrounds support the clear. We have done some spot clear on images or certain center peices of artwork and it is undetectable. So designing for clear you need to be really aware of how it is going to print.

Hello, Do you have to pay extra for clear toner and did you have to buy 5th unit(clear toner) as an option.My sales rep is saying it's going to cost me extra. Any comments, I would appreciate

Hello, Do you have to pay extra for clear toner and did you have to buy 5th unit(clear toner) as an option.My sales rep is saying it's going to cost me extra. Any comments, I would appreciate

Hi

The 5th Toner is an optional extra (for us anyway) and we do have to pay for the clear toner as extra also. By my understanding there is also an option for six toners, obviously CYMK plus (don't quote me on this bit) an option on a lighter Cyan and lighter Magenter this allegedly gives a wider pantone range. With the 6 colour you obviously can not have the clear.

I am currently in the process of trying to get a count per percentage of clear toner coverage so I can work out costs associated with using it.

My rep quoted flood clear as costing up to 4 cents on top of the normal click charge.

At that cost, it's far cheaper to UV the sheet, plus UV is a better coating... (yes I realize it's not spot uv...)

What is the color click charge you are being quoted? We currently print 2-400,000 12x18 clicks 4 color per month on a pair of DC5000's and sales is trying to put us into a 1000. Overlooking the additional machine cost, the click charge quoted is higher and yields an additional cost of $1,600/month at 200k on top of the additional lease cost. That's WITHOUT the clear toner as we wouldn't get that option.

Overlooking the additional machine cost, the click charge quoted is higher and yields an additional cost of $1,600/month at 200k on top of the additional lease cost. That's WITHOUT the clear toner as we wouldn't get that option.

Sounds like a deal :rolleyes: When is the install?

Sounds a bit odd with regard to click pricing... the EA toner machines should have lower click rates as the toner is cheaper to manufacture, add to that the fact that on the 1000 the ACT training seems to be a bit more comprehensive which should equal less engineer calls.

Sounds a bit odd with regard to click pricing... the EA toner machines should have lower click rates as the toner is cheaper to manufacture, add to that the fact that on the 1000 the ACT training seems to be a bit more comprehensive which should equal less engineer calls.

I agree, our 1000 is around 40% cheaper than the 8000AP click cost

I thought so too... but I just got off the phone with the rep and they are holding fast... So no 800/1000 for us :(

Far better than expected from Xerox. If you don't mind, what are the optional features you have with your new machine?

The 1000 is a possible next year upgrade and I need to start working out my "we need this, or that" proposal for the bosses (looking at the new Xerox and the new Konica). This thread is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

xc 1000 - room required

xc 1000 - room required

hello, i am trying to find a suitable place for the machine (basic configuration plus the extra feeder and booklet maker) in our shop but i could not find any precise info about the room required for installation and standard operatrion. if you could post some info or hints or links it would be great (i just don't want to call xerox...), thanx.

Please don't qoute me but i believe you need 56 inches from the back and close to 20 feet legnth. I'm looking for similar configuration. Extra paper feeder and plockmatik bookletmaker.

thank you, printer in heart. what is also needed, it is quite a lot of extra space behind the machine - I'm afraid it could be around one meter or so. it's because of a huge module which has to be pulled out from the back if you need to service something. seems to be different form a xdc 8002 or other printers, where the guts are pulled from the front side as the paper trays are. now with x1000 you need extra space in front of as well as behind the machine. unfortunately it really needs a lot of space.

You are right, it also need a lot of space in front, but in front it's just working space so it's not a problem. Probelm is in the back. Xerox came and measured everything. You may want to ask them after all if you have enough space before you go into negotiation. I also have Docutechs and 5252 and they take a little bit of space in the back. Unfortunately this beast requires a lot of space all around. Hopefully it worth it :)

hello, i am trying to find a suitable place for the machine (basic configuration plus the extra feeder and booklet maker) in our shop but i could not find any precise info about the room required for installation and standard operatrion. if you could post some info or hints or links it would be great (i just don't want to call xerox...), thanx.

why don't you just ask your Xerox representative to give you all the space requirements?

Not sure how it is where you are, but typically Xerox has to work together with you and approve the installation site.

sure i can ask guys in xerox and i will, i just didn't want to wait for xerox office hours and i thought this was something i could quite easily find in the x1000 documentation available on the web - but to my surprise i did not... so i tried here.
and it's not that we don't have space or anything, i just need to think about how to arrange things around; we've also discussed the right spot with xerox and that is not a problem, we are even going to build a special box for the printer with appropriate ventilation system...
thank you all for your posts.

I've been using the Xerox 8000AP for the last few years and have been very disappointed with it's color variation and continuous need for service.

Xerox 1000

Xerox 1000

Hello all, Can I get an idea from people who just recently installed Xerox 800 or 1000, approximately how much do you pay forcolour click charges. I'm getting close to signing the contract and just want to make sure Xerox doesn't rip me off. Thanks

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back