XEROX DC 260 Streaks

Graphix

Hey guys!
I have a xerox dc260 and has been working well till a week ago.
It prints horizontal streaks on solid colours. I have attached the images of the printout.
At first i thought it would be the drum and changed it but no luck.
since the lines are horizontal or perpendicular to the paper path I figured it could be a roller problem.
Any suggestions?
kindly assist

Attachments

• 20140116_140731.jpg
    20140116_140731.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 277
Hey guys!
I have a xerox dc260 and has been working well till a week ago.
It prints horizontal streaks on solid colours. I have attached the images of the printout.
At first i thought it would be the drum and changed it but no luck.
since the lines are horizontal or perpendicular to the paper path I figured it could be a roller problem.
Any suggestions?
kindly assist

We have the exact same problem on our Ricoh 901. This problems happend on our first 901 which was replaced with a new 901 and after 400,000 impressions it is doing it also and Ricoh doesn't have a fix.

It is very confusing. I have changed the 2nd btr and the drums too. The problem still persists.
This line is re occuring with intervals of 4.5cm -4.8cm gap.
Any ideas? If you need more info, do let me know!

Have you tried looking at the fuser?
Or tried telling the printer that the paper is different weight than it actually is?
Alternatively try speaking with your engineers about custom paper attributes and adjusting the fuser heat.

Thanx for the reply.
I did a little bit of search online and the 44mm recurring line that was perpendicular to the paper path was coming from the primary charging roller in the drum. I read that after replacing the drum you should run some prints to conclude whether the streaks are actually gone. Printed about 5 A3 and the streaks are gone.
Appreciate the Help!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back