Xerox Developer Problems...

kdw75

What causes the developers on a machine to run out of powder? Our 560 keeps needing to have the color developer units refilled and the tech is saying it is caused by the heavy coverage we run. Is this just the nature of this technology or is this something defective?

We are still waiting for our C75 and I am wondering if it will have the same issues after we get some mileage on it. Our 560 was fine up until around 250K clicks. Now we are at 400K and we are once again need the developers re-filled.

Are they really losing developer or is the tech just changing the developer to fix a copy quality issue? What's the rating for the developer? All of the ratings are based on a certain size sheet at a certain coverage so if they rate it at 500k 8.5 x 11 12% fill and you run all 11x17 @ 80% fill you won't get 500k.

Are they really losing developer or is the tech just changing the developer to fix a copy quality issue? What's the rating for the developer? All of the ratings are based on a certain size sheet at a certain coverage so if they rate it at 500k 8.5 x 11 12% fill and you run all 11x17 @ 80% fill you won't get 500k.

They are actually losing developer. They bring packs of new developer and pour it in and the problem is fixed. He was showing me how it was almost totally empty and said that some gets lost, and with high coverage sheets, it gets lost faster than it's replenished. Oddly the black never has a problem though.

I would say that the developer housings should be replaced along with the developer.
Make sure the atc calibration is done with the new housings as the number will change with a new housing.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back