Xerox Drums Revisited

We are long time once loyal Xerox customers.
We started with a 240 then the 700 and currently our lease is ending on our V-80.
Xerox has been desperately trying to upgrade us to a 4100 or Iridesse but after 2 years of this drum nonsense along with shortages of waste toner containers and now black toner We are about to sign up with either Ricoh or Canon but never again with Xerox.
I have never in my life seen such a premium brand fall as fast or hard as they did.

We are long time once loyal Xerox customers.
We started with a 240 then the 700 and currently our lease is ending on our V-80.
Xerox has been desperately trying to upgrade us to a 4100 or Iridesse but after 2 years of this drum nonsense along with shortages of waste toner containers and now black toner We are about to sign up with either Ricoh or Canon but never again with Xerox.
I have never in my life seen such a premium brand fall as fast or hard as they did.
V3100 here. Same. It really sucks because the xerox techs in this area are awesome.

Agreed on the service techs.
They are still great.
Also once upon a time the remote techs were some of the most knowledgeable and cheerful problem solving people I ever dealt with.
They have all been replaced by script readers with foreign accents I barely understand.

Agreed on the service techs.
They are still great.
Also once upon a time the remote techs were some of the most knowledgeable and cheerful problem solving people I ever dealt with.
They have all been replaced by script readers with foreign accents I barely understand.
Agreed. We love our techs as well. We love our local dealer as well too. He’s always helping us out through these tough time’s in getting supplies. But I’d hate to think X is going to keep being this unreliable with parts.

Also, remote techs used to be great. Now I feel bad when our service tech shows up and it’s a 10 minute fix that could’ve happened over the phone.

2 Weeks waiting on a fuser web for our 1000. Tech ordered it 5 times and it was canceled 5 times, even though it showed 70 in the warehouse. They just don't care.

Can Xerox recover? Is this a downward spiral that can't be solved? It seems like this all started with the Fuji debacle.

I might listen to some of their quarterly earnings. Could also look at what executives are doing with their shares - do they have confidence?

Can Xerox recover? Is this a downward spiral that can't be solved? It seems like this all started with the Fuji debacle.

I might listen to some of their quarterly earnings. Could also look at what executives are doing with their shares - do they have confidence?
Or will Xerox turn over the brand to Fuji since the non-compete is now gone. Maybe better off if Xerox can't get the ship upright soon.

The situation has not improved with regard to the quality of drums, but they at least don't give me problems about ordering them anymore. Every Monday or so I will order a full set of drums, even if I have a few on the shelf. They don't argue with me about whether I need them, they just send them. I have to call and order because the online system through my provider is a joke now. And the drums are absolute shit—some don't make it past 90% life—but hey I guess it's "normal" to have 6 drums on the shelf for a machine that uses four at a time, and then go through five in a week.

Before 2019 Xerox did not have these drum problems. What is beyond my understanding is how they cannot figured out in now 2 years what changes were made that caused this problem and they cannot figure out how to fix it.

Could all be that the bean counters say the new drums are a lot cheaper to manufacture without have the intelligence to figure out much it costs in the larger quantity of drums used and bad will it has caused and the loss of sales.

I remember when the V2100 came out it was not uncommon to run drums past the 0% mark.

Yeah, I mean only once have I ever had a drum go to 0% and ask for a replacement. It's acceptable to me that depending on what we're running, 10-25% is a fine time to replace them. But this is totally absurd. A tech actually told me that they use the cheapest drums, which is maybe why they don't care if I order a lot of extras now. But I would far rather be limited to how many I could get if they weren't all defective. Very annoying.

This doc from Xerox shows they are changing the toner. not sure if it will resolve the problem

Attachments

• UK Versant Toner Changes - Shipping Ordering and Return Process (1).pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 228
This doc from Xerox shows they are changing the toner. not sure if it will resolve the problem

So interesting. It says that the UK Versant is changing toner. I wonder if the same is true for US companies? Is the toner the same or different? I haven't heard anything like this from our service company, but their communication is shit anyway, lol.

This is interesting. At least Xerox is finally taking the toner problem seriously.

New toner? My guess would be it’s corporate lingo for… we need to get all that crap back that’s no good without admitting we messed up, so hey lets call it new toner.

I’ll take whatever fixes the problem so we can all move on and get some printing done!

I have friends in Aisa, where fuji xerox service area, they never had toner and drums problems. looks like only US/EU where Xerox USA service area has the issues.

I have friends in Aisa, where fuji xerox service area, they never had toner and drums problems. looks like only US/EU where Xerox USA service area has the issues.
When my Versant 280 was delivered last year it had drums and toner from Japan installed. As soon as I started to replace the toner with Xerox USA toner things started to go bad very quickly. So I believe you’re right, it’s not a Fuji issue it’s a Xerox issue.

I'm running a Versant 80 and my supplier has been sending me both Xerox USA and Japanese drums and the Japanese drums have been no better than the USA version sometimes worse.

That seems to confirm that it is probably the toner causing the drum issues.

I believe so . . . I was happy to see the new Japanese Drums at first until I found they were no better. I went through many of them over the last few months.

Do y'all shake your toner before install? My tech told me to do that because if it sounds less like powder and more like pebbles, don't install or it'll clog up the machine.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back